Could be going Jap again! :)

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
Well some of you know I turned to the darkside and got a Peugeot 106 Rallye, that was July.

Since then i've had to:
- Free off idle control valve
- Free off some random sticking brake valve
- Lots of random tiny things
- New wheel bearing
- Rear Beam for MOT <-- A whole new one! Ouch
Etc etc, i LOVE the car as a drivers car but that bloody shoddy french workmanship is doing my head in lol.

So after MOT I could be selling so i'm after suggestions for some good Jap cars to get.

Budget 2-3k, insurance not an issue now with 3 years no claims any thoughts?

Personally i'd love a RWD and i've always had a soft spot for the AW11 MR2... Very within budget, mid engine and RWD... And I know at least one V6 and another 3S-GTE version up for sale within my budget....

(Oh and i'm not buying a micra unless someone has an ST :) )

get an sw20 Mr2 Mk2 i think thats the number anyways my friends got one as is awesome to drive payed just under a grand for the mot sills and the car itself! (Y)

AW11 FTW!

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

P1.jpg

AW11.jpg

Kodiak3.jpg

adsportmr2_1024x768.jpg

AW11jdmcarbonclear.jpg

bmeier03.jpg

Dach06-1.jpg

desmoinesvalleysccamidagi8.jpg

dsc03164.jpg

lucyequips.jpg

3636167802_3189dcdda7_o.jpg

That is all.

Oh how about a Mk1 MX5?

Not a fan of the SW20's unfortunately! From what i've heard the AW11 handles better as well as being a much purer driving experience!

Would love an AE86 but I don't have 5 grand to chuck away for an 'OK' one...

AGH Can't decide... i've spent today looking at GT Turbo's again... and GTI-R's!

Whatever I get i shall probably be bored after 4 months!

I already told you I'd consider buying that Super S if you sold it as I have a soft spot! But since your ST is off the road you'll be needing it!

I drove my brothers 1.0 K11 the other day, and I can't face going back to something that slow... Not trying to cause offence guys, but a micra is a good starters car, I know they can be tuned, but i'd rather buy something that creates that level power in the first place!

The Starlet was awesome, but to be honest a loose cannon! You'd hear the whistle of a turbo spooling up mid corner and suddenly you'd be struggling for traction with the front wheels spinning up, especially in the wet.
The Peugeot has great torque all the way through, and absolutely awesome gearing, drops perfectly back into the powerband. Plus in a lot of corners I can be going almost 10mph faster than the starlet whilst still being stable. (And its not so loud round town, and looks pretty smart)

I think AW11, a RWD car is the next logical step to progress as a driver, its pretty economical and should be a great drive...
Although my head could be turned by a Civic VT, only made up to 1992, first model to have a Vtec unit, double wishbone suspension and nice and light... hence fast with 150hp! :)

Decisions...

Edit: Have just spotted that ST on 'The Bay' :) Hmmm

Back