Middle cat advice

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well, i do need a middle cat urgently but i just wanted to know first where to get one from as the local trade factors want over £90 for a ceramic one and £130 for the metalic one.

i have managed to find a few on ebay for £46 but they add VAT and then £24+ on delivery!!! :eek::eek:

any advice guys or anyone got a newish one they dont need?

i struggled with this when i came to fitting my janspeed, most of the used ones ive seen are so stuck to the car they need a grinder to get them off! ended up gettin a decat in the end but i assume you need it for MOT time?

i've got a spare one you could have for free, but the studs have been cut off, so will need drilling out.
but the there's the question of how to get it to you.

true....that would be tricky and theres no telling if its in better condition than mine..lol

yeah, i had my cat cut off, drilled and fitted back on with stainless bolts, so getting it off is realy a 10 minute job now.

but i have nothing to replace it with. and its failed its mot twice on emissions now.!.GRR

Caqn you not just get a cheap one from a scrappy?

I could lend you mine, but then you'd still have to pay for postage?

Have yuo tried leaning off the fuel?

Craig

done that... its got stop smoke in the oil, pre-mot fuel stuff in the tank. brand new air filter, ignition timing checked again, and is -15deg exactly. cam timing was checked by the guy at the garage and is spot on.

i cant change fueling...... not unless you know something about the ecu and fuel rail that ahs eluded me for 4 years..lol

the front cat is mediocre and the middle one i think is stuffed!
all im running is a 142000 miles CG13 with stock cams, stock ecu, stock manifold, stock fuel rail, aftermarket air filter (hks) and stainless catback and a brand new lambda as of yesterday......... and nothing else.

and it still wont pass. but it is fueling that is causing it as its only failing on CO% and once on HCppm. 0.356 on co instead of 0.300 and HC of 120 instead of 200ppm.

i realy am confused.

just this econd managed to find one for £39 from cats-direct.com sorted!

Back