De-Cat Pipe - information??

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Sorry not been around here for agess!!

Basically just wondered if anyone was selling a decat pipe?? need one pretty bad :(

If not (and mods if me asking the above question is against the rules please delete just that bit and not the whole post) are they any alternatives to the 75 quid janspeed one? :/

I tried hollowing a secondary cat before but it didnt work too well, I think the steel was a little to thin and it make a loud weird noise..

Thanks all

if you still have the hollowed out cat box just put some steel pipe thru it and cut it flush with flanges when its nipped up it wont rattle and you will get the result your looking for, it will cost you less than £10.00 simple but effective

thanks for that :) good idea..

I dont suppose anyone knows what length the secondary cat is and the diamter do they? would save me having to take mine off.... lol if not ill have to stop being lazy :p

thanks for that :) good idea..

I dont suppose anyone knows what length the secondary cat is and the diamter do they? would save me having to take mine off.... lol if not ill have to stop being lazy :p

314mm and 64mm rich :) tho i would go for a smaller dia personally for better/uninterupted flow (45mm?) and then bellmouth the 2 ends (then trim it to a length of 2-3mm longer than the cat), so that the ends will roll back, and have some give when you bolt it up

cheers frank :) legend as always...!

to be honest i asked that fabricater (DVR) how much he would cut me some pipe and weld on two flanges and he said £20-40 so I was just going to do that.. sounds really simple I just didnt know how wide tubing i'd need.. so if i was to go down this route instead would 45mm still be the better option??

cheers frank

Back