My K10 project

After my K10 was written off last year it's been festering in my front garden, but now I've decided to do something with it so I've started to turn it into a weatherproof trailer for my camping/holiday gear, so the project starts with the initial cutting in half;
View attachment 5542
Dont you just love the skinny space saver on it.
View attachment 5543
I've removed all the uneccessary stuff off the shell such as the tank, seats and brakes, along with all the rear wash/wipe stuff in the tailgate. It's as light as I can get it I think.
View attachment 5540
This nearside rear inner arch is the result of a year stood on damp grass for a year, there was no rot there when it was being used, I'll sort it out though as it's too close to the suspension top mount for my liking, damn tinworm.
View attachment 5541
More dreaded rot on the offside this time, this is right over the main chassis leg, not visible from the underneath, I only found it when i removed the seats and boot liner so keep an eye on that one K10 owners.
I'm not sure what wheels to use at the moment, I've got the choice of the 15" tsw blades with 205/50 tyres that I happen to have 3 of.
View attachment 5544
or two of the remaining three 14" TSW alloys with 185/60s I had on my K11 when i badly kerbed it earlier this year.
View attachment 5545
It will of course be painted to match my March when it's finished, hopefully it will look pretty good, just watch this space.

not touched it for a while, I'm too busy sorting my K11 out, but hopefully it will be finished for next summer.

Back