• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

MicraK11 sri(challenge)

MicraK11(challenge) SR20DE conversion

I got a long history with the micra k11.
First i got 1 micra with a compleet nismo rally spec rebuild engine,but I still wanted more power...(105 bhp)
Then i was thinking about te make a project with turbo(but did't do it)
I sold my car to my brother and buy my self a starlet EP82GT.
It was great fun, but there was sow many things not good, I decided to sell the car and buy a micra back.(stil love a micra:grinning:)
For now I'm going to start a project to swap the engine to a SR20DE.
The plan is get a donor micra and fith the hole lot first in there,after it all fits we will swap it in to my car:grinning:
I wil post the progress of the project in here:

This was my firt micra:
GroteFoto-RUVAWJNK.jpg

Then i got the EP82GT:
GroteFoto-ZPA6P4G4.jpg

This is my new micra at the moment:
GroteFoto-IBJGQHAP.jpg

1 of the front side(is a mica color (black/blue)
GroteFoto-OWYNRH7Y.jpg

See what you people think of it.

woah mate those are the postert side skirts! would you be willing to sell them? do you know where you can get them from?

they don't seem to make them any more, would you be willing to lend them to me so i can make a copy?

really nice cars btw i love the postert kit

Uh,
No problem lent the skirts but I live in Holland...
I got the compleet poster front and rear bumpers+skirts.
Next upgrade is rear under the roof spoiler from ms desing and fit spoilers to make the wheel thikker.(dont know the name)
But firt do the engine swap

Uh,
No problem lent the skirts but I live in Holland...
I got the compleet poster front and rear bumpers+skirts.
Next upgrade is rear under the roof spoiler from ms desing and fit spoilers to make the wheel thikker.(dont know the name)
But firt do the engine swap

i don't suppose you would be willing to sell them would you? i am going through holland on the 25th of July if you wanna meet up,

i have been after those skirts for ages but they have stopped selling them and distroyed the moulds, i asked them if they could remake them, and they said they could but when i finally got the skirts they were the wrong ones.

make the wheel thicker? are you thinking of spacers or wheel arches?

what engine are you going to swap for?

The word is wheel arches.lol did't know it in English
I don't sell the skirt because everething is realy hard to get...You can make a mall here,that is what I can offer?
The swap wil be a SR20DE,I want for like 10 years a realy fast micra and with this egine i got a good base.
I't wil kost some money, but I had already a nismo rally spec blok and was either not fast enough,same like the starlet EP82GT.
Sow this wil be the last project and hope that this wil be fast enough for me.

The word is wheel arches.lol did't know it in English
I don't sell the skirt because everething is realy hard to get...You can make a mall here,that is what I can offer?
The swap wil be a SR20DE,I want for like 10 years a realy fast micra and with this egine i got a good base.
I't wil kost some money, but I had already a nismo rally spec blok and was either not fast enough,same like the starlet EP82GT.
Sow this wil be the last project and hope that this wil be fast enough for me.

ah wheel arches, like the over fenders on your silver micra? or wider than that?

sure i understand, are you able to get moulds made of the skirts? do you know anyone near you that does fibreglassing? i suppose if you are doing the SR20 convertion the car wont need the skirts until that is finished.

good luck with the SR20 convertion, you will have a very quick micra if you can stop the wheels from spinning ;) the SR20 is a pretty good convertion, there is alot of them in Japan.

Nex, if you can get postert skirts made up, I'd be happy to help funding the moulds/copies etc.. I NEED THEM! lol.

I can ask what the cost wil be to make a mal for the skirts?
I dont know what the budget is what you want to pay for it?
The wheel arches wil be the same as the silver one:grinning:
Here a picture of the silver one:
If you want more picture's of the car let me know.
GroteFoto-INQTKIXB.jpg

Nex, if you can get postert skirts made up, I'd be happy to help funding the moulds/copies etc.. I NEED THEM! lol.

that would be awesome ;) only problem is that our cars are going to be identical lol, i am doing a smooth open super s kit with the nismo kit on there, postert sideskirts...

So you can still buy the postert kit out there?! Any company/stockist/website names?

All of your cars look ace by the way! Like the colour of your latest :)

that would be awesome ;) only problem is that our cars are going to be identical lol, i am doing a smooth open super s kit with the nismo kit on there, postert sideskirts...

LOL! Stop copying me then :p

I can ask what the cost wil be to make a mal for the skirts?
I dont know what the budget is what you want to pay for it?
The wheel arches wil be the same as the silver one:grinning:
Here a picture of the silver one:
If you want more picture's of the car let me know.

i would be very interested if you could get a cost for it,

if you could just get moulds made, then i can get copies made later if i have the moulds.

as for a budget, if you can get some rough prices and then we can go from there. but if you can get them made before the 24th of July i can always come and pick them up, so no need to post :)

So you can still buy the postert kit out there?! Any company/stockist/website names?

LOL! Stop copying me then :p

lol you are copying me :p i have had this idea years ago lol, in fact i bought the postert sideskirts about a year and a half ago, but they sent the wrong ones and said they cant get the ones i wanted anymore >>

but really, mine will be the cabriolet, different colour, maybe mulholland arches too, dished rims.... possibly smoothed boot? crystal headlights cos they will be legal in sweden lol, and possibly the GA16, but still thinking about that

I wil ask around here if it's possible to make a mal..
If not send me a PM and we sort it out.(like to help other micra drivers)

In Holland you got nothing for a micra...no engine mods and styling
I got one good adres for my engine swap,most people in Holland think :he is crazy to spend a lot of mony on a micra....
I always love to pull out big cars with my litle micra,its al about weigt horsepower...

I asked a while ago about the skirts, they said the same and then sent me here with your name! lol.

lol thats mad, but i suppose if i get moulds i will be the one to talk to lol

I wil ask around here if it's possible to make a mal..
If not send me a PM and we sort it out.(like to help other micra drivers)

In Holland you got nothing for a micra...no engine mods and styling
I got one good adres for my engine swap,most people in Holland think :he is crazy to spend a lot of mony on a micra....
I always love to pull out big cars with my litle micra,its al about weigt horsepower...

thanks mate, as you know, these side skirts are impossible to get hold of, it would be good to get a mould even if it was just in case you had a small crash and damaged your side skirts you would be able to get more. but yea i wouldn't mind meeting up anyway on my way though

yea there is nothing for the micra here really either, you have done well to find what you have found,

and i totally agree, i would much rather have a little car that i have worked on, than go out and buy a big fast car already made.

I got a update
I got a compleet sunny n14 gti for the engine swap+a micra front, to fit first in there(Y)
Then the project wil start quick.
Foto's I wil post this weekend:laugh:

I bougt this weekend a compleet sunnyn14GTi(Y)
Monday we wil compleet strip the engine out,then the next step wil be to fit into the scrap micra:laugh:
If it fit's witout to manny cutting into the chassis then the project continieus,that wil be to fit the engine in my car(Y)
Next step then wil be faster cams and high compression with nistune,aiming for 200 bhp:grinning:
Some pic's of the car:
GroteFoto-8EARAMJG.jpg

GroteFoto-GG6OLD4R.jpg

Little update:
We fit in this weekend the engine of the sunny into the scrapy micra.
I was realy happy that it fit's perfect,only have to make some different engine mount's,exaust,radiator, and gear shaft.
I'm aiming to put the compleet engine in my car into 2 weeks:grinning:

Here a picture:
GroteFoto-S7PPVVDZ.jpg

I got good news!(Y)
This week we are going to put the engine in my car.
Only things that have te be done are:
-Replace radiator
-wire loom
-and last bit drive shafts

I hoop the car wil run on sunday.

For alle picture's of the project i post on my site: www.micrachallenge.nl

sounds aweasome mate, what are you doing about the drive shafts? do you have custom ones made up? do you have any details on the mounts and mesurements for the drive shafts?

good luck :D

sounds aweasome mate, what are you doing about the drive shafts? do you have custom ones made up? do you have any details on the mounts and mesurements for the drive shafts?

good luck :D

When the project is finish i will post all picture's on my site, and explain what we have done.
Kind of workbook for other micra drivers :grinning:
Drive shaft we are working on at the moment,sow far it's looking good.

When the project is finish i will post all picture's on my site, and explain what we have done.
Kind of workbook for other micra drivers :grinning:
Drive shaft we are working on at the moment,sow far it's looking good.

i see, will it be in English?

i had a look at your site, its very impressive, i like the fish picture lol,

good luck with it all tho, it will be interesting to see what problems you have to overcome

i see, will it be in English?

i had a look at your site, its very impressive, i like the fish picture lol,

good luck with it all tho, it will be interesting to see what problems you have to overcome

My writing english is not that good ,talking is better:p
But when my car is running, i wil put the hole story on my site in dutch en english.
At the moment i spend more time to get the project finish for sprinting:cool:
And want to resise al my picture's at my gallerie.
But i ceep updating all time.

The engine is now fitted in my car(Y)
Only things to do now are:
Welding the exaust
make the drive shafts
connect the wire loom of the SR20DE

Here are some picture's:

pv_DSC_4388.JPG

pv_DSC_4393.JPG

Hope the first engine start wil be tommorow:p

great progress finaly a facelift getting the sr20 engine so far i have only seen pre facelifts getting done keep up the great work

My writing english is not that good ,talking is better:p
But when my car is running, i wil put the hole story on my site in dutch en english.
At the moment i spend more time to get the project finish for sprinting:cool:
And want to resise al my picture's at my gallerie.
But i ceep updating all time.

fair enough mate :) good luck with the project,

this plugin from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx
will really help resize pictures easily, you just right click and press resize :)

looking good martijn (Y)
its a good job its a lefthand drive (clearance for the brake servo), because its a tight fit eh :eek:

looking good martijn (Y)
its a good job its a lefthand drive (clearance for the brake servo), because its a tight fit eh :eek:

Yes, but stil all things are really close:(
I got the problem with te power steering ,but it fit's dont ask how but it works.
Lucky it's all in now, but if you have to replace somting it's not a nice job :(
But for sow far, the project is on time and the hard bits are done now.

Das anybody know: if other project's use the radiator of the sunny?

Almost running,
Think i can drive this weekend(Y)
Wiring loom is not realy hard to find out:p
I wil post some picture's this weekend.

Aigain a little update:grinning:
We made a compleet custom exaust with 2 dempers and is compleet 2,5 inch.
We hade some problems's with the drive shafts....first not....
Sow we have to find some one ,how can make custom drive shaft's lucky we did otherwise the project was stopt....:(
Monday we get a compleet custom driveshaft.
Things to do are now only make the wire loom and fill the car with oil and start:laugh:
First we fought is was easy but it isn't...Sow know were you start with i can tell you:(
But we are almost there and think i can post next week some picture's:grinning:

Challenge

Car is running:grinning:
First test drive's have been made,what a power compair with my old nismo block.
I keep you micra drivers updated:laugh:

Update in the project(Y)
I drive my first 1100km withe the car for now.
Dit some modification on the engine mount's for the fabration @4000rpm.
Today we put the car on the dyno with good result:laugh:
pv_DSC_4526.JPG

pv_DSC_4527.JPG

The next step wil be other camshaft's and Nistune and aiming for 180 bhp.
Sow project is running realy good(Y)

Back