Micra Wikipedia Page

Hi guys. I was reading through the Nissan Micra Wikipedia page (boring day at work), and I noticed there are a few confusing and possibly incorrect bits in the K11 facelift section. Here's what the Wiki page says at the moment

K11C (facelift)
In late 1997, a facelift version was introduced, and was built from late 1997 until early 2003. Different engine models included the S and SE. Only a few units were produced in 1997, as most of them started in 1998.

The cumulative visual changes from the first models included a revised front grille and headlights, redesigned front and rear bumpers, oval instead of round side repeater indicators, minor changes to internal controls, slightly desaturated colours on the rear light lenses, a redesigned rear wiper which rested horizontally instead of vertically, the centre high level brake lamp being reduced in size and mounted at the top of the rear window, instead of on the parcel shelf, and a radio aerial repositioned from the top of the right-hand A-pillar to the middle of the roof, towards the front or rear depending on specification.

In late 2000, the original facelift was replaced by a second version, technically being quite similar. Changes included new lights on the bumper, an altered lower body, orange turn signals and a completely redesigned interior.

...And here is a suggested edit (highlighted in red):

K11C (facelift)
In late 1997, a facelift version was introduced, and was built from late 1997 until early 2003. Different engine models included the S and SE (not sure about this bit?). Only a few units were produced in 1997, as most of them started in 1998.

The cumulative visual changes from the first models included a revised front grille and headlights, redesigned front and rear bumpers, oval instead of round side repeater indicators, major changes to the interior and dashboard, redesigned rear light lenses, and a radio aerial repositioned from the top of the right-hand A-pillar to the middle of the roof, towards the rear.

In late 2000, the original facelift was replaced by a second version, technically being quite similar. Changes included new lights on the bumper, an altered lower body, orange turn signals and minor changes to the interior. Further changes included a redesigned rear wiper which rested horizontally instead of vertically, and the centre high level brake lamp being reduced in size and mounted at the top of the rear window, instead of on the parcel shelf.

The 1.3l CG13DE engine offered in previous K11s was removed in the second facelift, and replaced by a 1,348cc "1.4" unit (CGA3DE). The 1.0l CG10DE remained in the second facelift models, however both engines featured individual coilpacks instead of a single distributor as found in older units.

I know anyone can edit Wikipedia, but I'm pretty sure they changed policy. Is anyone for or against editing the article, and if so, would anyone suggest any further changes?

...just this:

In late 2000, the original facelift was replaced by the second, ultimate version, technically being quite similar but visually superior to every vehicle ever. Changes included new lights on the bumper, an altered lower body, orange turn signals and a completely redesigned interior, featuring ham cooler and needle pouches.

Sent from the Magpie's magical nest using Tapatalk

SE was certainly very late in k11's (2001 me thinks)
Facelift models included

Gx, si, inspiration, mystique, vibe,...ummm twister there are more I can't think of right now.
...later ones sport (sport+), S, SE (SE+)

So that bit isn't exactly wrong, i guess :p

Last edited:
It's the "Different engine models included the S and SE" bit that confuses me. Those sound like trim levels, the engines are the same surely?

It's the "Different engine models included the S and SE" bit that confuses me. Those sound like trim levels, the engines are the same surely?
Just re-read it myself, yeah, hmmm...that seems odd

I do know they changed from 1.0 and 1.3 to 1.0 and 1.4 (plus very rare 1.5 diesel on the continent)
Perhaps that's what they meant but wrote it wrong?

Yeah I included that in my edit. Another thing I just noticed is that the Super S was referred to as the SR for the facelift models. I thought that the SR was also a preface model, and the facelift equivalent to the Super S/SR was the Si.

And Tempest "special edition" don't know why it was special edition other than Nissan getting rid of old stock k11s ready for the k12 launch and just to be picky my aeriel was at the front in the middle on 2002 ;)

Any more for any more? I read somewhere that someone here on the MSC wrote most of the Micra page. Anyone know who that was? I've never edited a Wikipedia page before and don't want to tread on any toes.

Any more for any more? I read somewhere that someone here on the MSC wrote most of the Micra page. Anyone know who that was? I've never edited a Wikipedia page before and don't want to tread on any toes.
I may have had a little to do with it ;)

upload_2014-5-6_16-26-34.png

Edit whatever you feel is necessary, I don't mind! I'm sure if someone else has an objection it will be brought up :)

Back