Micra playin up :(

CMF_rlees85

» CMF Member
hiya sorry to keep troubling u guys lol

I made a thread recently about a ticking sound on idle, i asked a few people about that and they all think it sounds quite normal, just sounds abit older.. (weird, only done 40,000 miles (65,000 KM) and i dont often rev over 6,000 RPM).

Well anyway, its developed a few more problems....

- When revs get to about 5,000 RPM the car suddenly (and noticably) stops accelerating as fast. It used to do this when getting to about 6,000 RPM but its got worse...

- 95% of the time i start the car it makes a loud grinding sound (chain tensioning?) - only used to do this about 10% of the time.

- 20% of the time it struggles to start 1st time. never used to struggle in the past.

- occasionally doesnt start first time. (this car in the past has NEVER given me any problems with starting).

Its a 1.0 Litre Micra (2001 S Model) and was serviced 6,000 Miles (9,500 KM) ago.

All these problems have started recently

any help would be very much appreciated... thanks :)

(i dont know much about cars/mechanical stuff btw)

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
hi there,

- When revs get to about 5,000 RPM the car suddenly (and noticably) stops accelerating as fast. It used to do this when getting to about 6,000 RPM but its got worse...

sure this is not the rev limiter? do you have a superS with tacho, or an aftermarket tacho to check the revs against? this could be a blocked air cleaner? as your last service was awhile back, and if that dosn't fix it, then big chance your throttle body on the way out.

not sure about the other things but when i got mine (12mths ago) it always started first go until say 6mths later it would almost start, and it needed a second turn of the key > instantly fireing up. and now every 3rd/4th start it does that - beats me what it is though,

best of luck,

Alex

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Well when White Knight blew the engine one of the first things I did was take home the throttle body and resoldered the connections as per instructions on the site.
Now it starts first turn every time.
Reckon I only get the ignition key half a turn and she is running.
I have no doubt taking longer to start, car not as responsive, starts to cut out at times is all due to the throttle body.

CMF_rlees85

» CMF Member
okay, thanks for the help. It does have a tacho because i fitted a new set of clocks from an Micra Si. its year 2000 (not a 200) S(which is the standard UK model) nissan micra.

i dont think its the air cleaner because i've checked that...

Back