Start up issue

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Over the last month my car has not started as easy as it normally does eg cranks over longer and sounds like its having to wait for fuel to get up to the engine and also has a fuel smell after. Its only happening when I go to start it at lunch time in the heat of the day and my first thought was maybe it has a leak somewhere and its evaporating faster durn the heat of the day as it always fires up easy in the mornings still. It starts up 40 minutes latter just as easy when im going back to work too. Anyone had the same issue? Leaking fuel hose or maybe a leaking injector? Thanks.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
well you can pop the bonnet pull the tb and inspect to see if there;s any leaks.. injector seals, hose are pretty easy to replace if that's case..

but personally i think.... K11 have a fuel vapor/carbon catch tank, as they get older contents build up. i experience fuel smell every time i have a full tank and disappears after a day or 2. im pretty sure that's that's the reason, at least on mine. Both my other 2 cars dont have it so every time i open the petrol cap, built up gas is expelled(sound like opening a drink can) but the k11 doesn't do that. and quick temp rise may effect or disturb.

as for harder to start first it's everyday wear and tear starter motor, compresion, ring cap, pump, reg ... mine used to start on half crank the second i turn the key(dont wait) but not anymore.

my advice is check to see if the battery is putting out enough CCA or if its even the right battery(just because it fits dont mean it correct one)... again temp change also effect this.
autobarn offers free battery check.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
My car had exactly the same issue. Cold starts fine, hot starts most especially in hot weather were harder with a bit of rough running for about 10 seconds after.
The cause was a leaking injector, causing an overrich mixture, that gives you the hard hot start and fuel smell.
It's ok when it's cold as a slightly richer mixture then is ok.

Replacing my injectors and that's all we did solved the problem.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
you point is Low??? trying to say something from you trade books hey....what i don't know my cars? my Honda 88 doesn't, my Holden don't and my AE86 never had one...

and even if they did... i cant take it off and reference it to a car that does?

point is k11 uses the canister as Sealed evaporative control system therefore.....

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"My car had exactly the same issue. Cold starts fine, hot starts most especially in hot weather were harder with a bit of rough running for about 10 seconds after.

The cause was a leaking injector, causing an overrich mixture, that gives you the hard hot start and fuel smell.

It's ok when it's cold as a slightly richer mixture then is ok.

Replacing my injectors and that's all we did solved the problem.

Your issue sounds 100% the same as the issue I am having. Can the injectors just be taken out and cleaned or is replacing them the only way? Also what injectors to buy? Not going to pay nissan prices for micra ones lol. Something bolt in from a pulsar would be the best bet?

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:
Your issue sounds 100% the same as the issue I am having. Can the injectors just be taken out and cleaned or is replacing them the only way? Also what injectors to buy? Not going to pay nissan prices for micra ones lol. Something bolt in from a pulsar would be the best bet?

Micra injectors are a bit of an problem as they are a side feed. I never found anyone that could fully service them. I fitted 2nd hand ones from my sapres, not ideal solution but best available to me.

Maybe mycra's suggestion is a good one, I never tried overseas. I assume your quoting Aussies dollars not pounds Mycra?.
If they can be had from the UK for a good price then I might look at getting some myself.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
yep $134 AUD include freight i paid....he's a ex Nissan assembly supervisor from Japan.

Injector Coil is Tested, physical damage checked, chemical and filter baskets cleaned. Ultrasonic cleaned with submersive pulsation. also leak tested, spray pattern, seals etc....

would mind ordering a set if needed..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the preface k11,s always did have a flooding problem tho eh (hence the need for the B407950B00 retrofit resistor harness/loom) www.motor.org.uk/.../Tech%20Talk%20-%20November%202004.pdf - Similar (bottom left)

Nissan Micra 1.3 floods when starting and runs a bit rough until the
flooding has cleared. Coolant temperature sensor looks OK from cold
start. I have been told that there is a modified harness for the coolant
sensor circuit – do you know about this?
There is a modified harness for the 16 valve Micra – the part number

is B407950B00, but don’t go to the expense of buying it (about
£20). It is basically a 15k ohm resistor wired in parallel to the sensor,

so for the cost of a few pence for a resistor you could do this yourself.
Its purpose is to limit the cold resistance of the coolant sensor to that
value. If it is the single point Micra, another probable cause could be
the air flow meters which can be cleaned up.

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"the preface k11,s always did have a flooding problem tho eh (hence the need for the B407950B00 retrofit resistor harness/loom) <a href="http://www.motor.org.uk/.../Tech Talk - November 2004.pdf" title="http://www.motor.org.uk/.../Tech Talk - November 2004.pdf" target="_blank">www.motor.org.uk/.../Tech%20Talk%20-%20November%202004.pdf</a> - Similar (bottom left)

Erm frank, the link's not working...Btw how to go about fixing this problem? I've gotten a set of coolant temp sensors from a donor engine... Dunno if it will fix the problem though...

Back