Micra Not Starting. Help Appreciated.

Cheef

Buy & Sell Member
About to buy another K11, But it has a "red key" with no shoulder and a copy metal key. It also has a factory led (No alarm though!), and when I try to crank her she flashes her Check Engine Light. Have searched but couldn't pinpoint what I need to rectify the problem.

Is it the "Red Key", the transponder unit or does it need an ECU flash?

Isn't the red key like an emergency key that can only be used to get into the car in emergencies (no chip in it so it can't start the engine)?

first one on me as the red key is like the master spare key and usualy can be opend, and it has some details in it am shure. (has been on my spare red keys i and ones family have owned) and also the chek engine light is showing to so it may not be to do with the key

Olly, I tried to put the red key next to the metal key close to the transponder unit as possible but I got no love. After turning and trying to fire a measly bit the CEL Flashes.

What If I change the ignition barrel and the ECU?

Thanks for the replies so far guys I appreciate it. (Y)

ok here goes

a red key, require the car to be put on a machine and the ecu takes the key chip number and hey presto it works.

a blue chip key requires a code ie from nissan and then coded to the car

i hope this has helped so far keep with me on this

the nats system is a good system, once keys are programmed to a car that is it (they can be reprogrammed) the system is set, if a car is then started with a key that is not coded to the car it will fail to start.

are you still with me here

the mod
if you get a new key cut and cant/wont pay for a recode you can remove panels around the steering wheel and look at the barrel you will see a ring of plastic this is the pick up for nats, ie detect key chip, remove and tape you old key to it and use the new key that you got cut. and hey presto it works.

now if you place a non coded key in the ignition at any point a car will fail to start. if the mod hasnt been done see above.

i hope this helps you with this request. if it was me and if i didnt av the tech machine (i can get hold of this machine that nissan uses) (Y) i would walk away you dont know what state the engine is in.

Thanks for the help fella's. Oh the engines got 80k on it which is better than my 110k!! :p

I just want to hear it run as my current K is making rattling chain, tensioner, exhaust sheild, water pump type noises and it don't sound pretty. :(

Back