k12 Not starting

Super S 1.5T

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hi peeps

My friends K12 1.0e 03 plate has a Starting Issue.

The keys open up the doors etc, turn the ignition on(all lights appear) but it doesn't turn over..

He has tried both keys but no joy, was working fine before,
He thought it maybe the battery so put on some Jump Leads, No difference
Then he tried to Bump the Car.. it spluttered like a bit but didn't start( so its not the common ignition switch as he was told)

A symbol of car key pic within it constantly flashes RED whilst ignition is turned on
even flashes when key is removed

So I wander what it could be.
I was thinking maybe Immobiliser.. is there a way of knowing/ doing a Diagnostic check to see this?

Thanks and will be looking forward to your reply

Takecare

Umar

Has he changed any of the ECU's, The Micra has a security feature where if another ECU from another micra is placed on the vehicle the car wont start?

Jason

when you turn the key to the on position can you hear the fuel pump priming? if the battery is good and the key/ignition is good theres not much else it could be except a fuel issue

Hi peeps

My friends K12 1.0e 03 plate has a Starting Issue.

The keys open up the doors etc, turn the ignition on(all lights appear) but it doesn't turn over..

He has tried both keys but no joy, was working fine before,
He thought it maybe the battery so put on some Jump Leads, No difference
Then he tried to Bump the Car.. it spluttered like a bit but didn't start( so its not the common ignition switch as he was told)

A symbol of car key pic within it constantly flashes RED whilst ignition is turned on
even flashes when key is removed

So I wander what it could be.
I was thinking maybe Immobiliser.. is there a way of knowing/ doing a Diagnostic check to see this?

My daughters is exactly the same,turns over and then the starter just clicks. Did you find out what it was

Back