micra muddy motorkhana!

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
hi all. myself and my brother did a motorkhana in the rain and mud yesterday. the micra showed up a few full on rally cars!
The micra is well suited to motorkhanas as it is easy to throw around and very small.
The car in the pics is our micra we use for car club events, its not highly modded but it does the job.

Attachments

• 32483.jpg
    32483.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 36

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
mods include-
hurricane extractors, 2"full exhaust, no cat
custom cold air intake with Kand N filter
KYB shocks in the front with heavy springs(designing bilstein coilovers for the front)
Bilstein shocks in rear with heavy springs
stripped out interior etc...

got a lsd gearbox waiting to go in and a roll cage to be made.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
hi carlos,

you can also modify s13 silvia coilovers to fit, apparently its been done in japan

also the cage your making is it going to be half or full?

where was the motorkhana located, did you need CAMs licencing?

did you get my email?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
so daniel, i got a factory lsd

hi jason, its adam carlos's son.
yeh i have heard about the s13 coilovers, i have got a s13 std strut which i can check the bolt pattern, on the hub to see if they are close to the micra.
the cage will be a full cage, we are going to copy the one in our red rally car.
The motorkhana was in richmond behind the raff base. yes you need cams licencing and be a member of a car club. alot of these motorkhanas yon can join the club on the day and pay for a day licence.
yes we got your email yes it is ok to pick it up mid feb give me a call. thanks for the emanage info. good luck with the baby!

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
we have motokhanas up here in Darwin aswell they are so much fun. We do ours on the old run way. the Micra holds up great. So SO so much fun.... No licencing needed up here car does not have to be road worthy as long as the seat belts work it is all good.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
you will probably also need the drive shafts to suit the viscous LSD box as they are different, i am not sure this is the case because i have not pulled mine apart yet, but every other viscous type LSD box i have seen need different shafts.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
The lsd is awesome. the car handles so much better. it just feels so much safer to drive too. Its an expensive operation, but well worth the money. i will have a spare RSF31V lsd comming in about a month. just the lsd center not the box. if i am offered the right money, i may be persuaded to sell it. you can make the shaft using the existing stock shafts, you just need to buy the right end that slots into the box. ive done it. i have the numbers if needed.

GTRHOLIC WROTE:

"The lsd is awesome. the car handles so much better. it just feels so much safer to drive too. Its an expensive operation, but well worth the money. i will have a spare RSF31V lsd comming in about a month. just the lsd center not the box. if i am offered the right money, i may be persuaded to sell it. you can make the shaft using the existing stock shafts, you just need to buy the right end that slots into the box. ive done it. i have the numbers if needed.<BR>

lol, "you've" done it

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Sporstsclassic - you and your brother are awesome! Great to see the Micra rise to the top and show the 4WD's etc how it's done. The LSD is the best thing I did to mine - and that's without venturing off-road.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
GTRHOLIC WROTE:

"The lsd is awesome. the car handles so much better. it just feels so much safer to drive too. Its an expensive operation, but well worth the money. i will have a spare RSF31V lsd comming in about a month. just the lsd center not the box. if i am offered the right money, i may be persuaded to sell it. you can make the shaft using the existing stock shafts, you just need to buy the right end that slots into the box. ive done it. i have the numbers if needed.<BR>

thanks gtr, let you know if i needthe numbers

Nissanmania WROTE:

"Sporstsclassic - you and your brother are awesome! Great to see the Micra rise to the top and show the 4WD's etc how it's done. The LSD is the best thing I did to mine - and that's without venturing off-road.

Thanks nissanmania, yeh the micra does need a lsd the sooner i get it in the better!

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
hi jason its adam, the entry fee for the event was$40, and year licence is around $50. it is a very cheap way to have fun, micras are perfect for motorkhanas and khanacross. The $50 dollar licecnce is a non speed licecnce which means you can only do motorkhanas and khanacross, but if you get a speed licence you can do track days and speed events, its only$90.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
hey adam, that actually sounds very reasonable and cheap fun off the street, are they all held at richmond, or is it all over the state?

i would also need a CAMs licence and join a club is that right?

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
lam.666 WROTE:

"hey adam, that actually sounds very reasonable and cheap fun off the street, are they all held at richmond, or is it all over the state?<BR><BR>i would also need a CAMs licence and join a club is that right?

yeh there is motorkhanas all over the state, there is one at richmond approx 4 times a year. there is some at Eastern Creek skid pan and oran park, they are the main ones in sydney. you dont need a cams licence to join the club, the club that held the event is Hills District Car Club(www.hdcc.com.au)try www.tcc.org.au and www.nvcc.com.au they are other sydney based car clubs

Back