Micra March K12 only blows cold air

CMF_Danipas

» CMF Member
I have a Nissan Micra K12, Japanese import. The air conditioning works great, but the heater only blows cool air regardless of any temperature setting. I don't smell antifreeze and the windows don't normally fog up. We tested the two hoses which connect to the cooling/heating matrix and they are hot as they should be.

Anyone have any clues? We thought it could be a valve, or something that mixes cool and hot air. We have no idea on where the valve is located, and even our mechanics repair manual does not show where it is.

Help. Thanks much
Donna

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
Sounds like a heater tap. (valve) has either seized, or one of the cable s attached to the heater controls has come loose or broken, i wouldn't expect a k12 to have hoses failing just yet...

CMF_woohoomobile

» CMF Member
It should be located quite close to the heater core,
usually above the passengers feet area, (in a right hand drive car anyway.)

Have you tried Nissan FAST ? its a dealer only Parts and repair computer program. lots of people have a copy downloaded, if you can find a friend with the USA delivered database loaded. they might be able to help. you then should be able to get an exploded diagram of the parts you need to get to.

i cant get FAST to work on my computer. try any friends that may be on infiniti or 300zx forums, nico.com or what ever its called.

hopefully we can build a bit of K12 K13 knowledge on this forum soon.

The heater tap should be this one.

http://www.rhmautoparts.com/drive-t...2-s-auto-electro-magnetic-valve-k5t48474.html

and looking at a pic of the heater core, it might be in the engine bay.

it dosent seem to be cable operated, so it may be a case of just replaceing the valve...

Back