Heater not working blowing cold air only

Hi, I have a Nissan March 2006, also i believe known as a Micra the heater has stopped and is only blowing cold air, its winter here in New Zealand, so I need to figure out how to make it work, it hasn't been working for around 6 months so I don't believe its an engine serious problem. Thank you to anyone one who can help

OP
OP
V
That is want it thought it may have been when I googled it...I decided to go ahead and pull out the glove box and this is what I found, how it snapped I have no idea. I don't even know what it is, but I think its useful to open and closing the flap or something. Can anyone lead me in the right direction now. thanks :)

Attachments

• 20150601_094041.jpg
    20150601_094041.jpg
    853.1 KB · Views: 2,050
  • 20150601_093318.jpg
    20150601_093318.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 2,365
  • 20150601_093300.jpg
    20150601_093300.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,235
OP
OP
V
i have taken out what looks like the heat resistor thingy , and have posted on the K11 forum, where the guy tells you how to take it out. Hope I have the right thing but not sure where to now. :)

Attachments

• 20150601_125343.jpg
    20150601_125343.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 1,086
  • 20150601_125333.jpg
    20150601_125333.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 1,112
  • 20150601_093300.jpg
    20150601_093300.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,192
Greetings. Also from NZ here. The girlfriend came home from work complaining that the heater in her K12 isn't working. I proceeded to tear the dash apart, and try recalibrating all the heaters stepper motors. Still didn't fix it. Proceeded to pull off the lower dash cover to look at the stepper motors, and noticed that one of the linkages was loose and flopping around.

Funnily enough, the EXACT SAME linkage you've taken photos of Vicki. That linkage is attached to the air mixer door (blends hot and cold air to get desired temperature). It's definitely what was causing you problems.

I'm going to attempt to epoxy my girlfriends one in the morning, or give superglue a try. If that fails, it'll be a trip to the wreckers.

Bevan

P.S. on the automatic a/c control unit, to calibrate the steppers:
1. Turn ignition from off to run
2. Quickly push and hold the "off" button on the A/c control unit.
3. Observe all segments of the display should light up.
4. Press the "temp up" button on the unit till you get "30" displayed.
5. Press the defrost button.
6. You should hear the stepper motors wind full one way to their zero point.

Greetings. Also from NZ here. The girlfriend came home from work complaining that the heater in her K12 isn't working. I proceeded to tear the dash apart, and try recalibrating all the heaters stepper motors. Still didn't fix it. Proceeded to pull off the lower dash cover to look at the stepper motors, and noticed that one of the linkages was loose and flopping around.

Funnily enough, the EXACT SAME linkage you've taken photos of Vicki. That linkage is attached to the air mixer door (blends hot and cold air to get desired temperature). It's definitely what was causing you problems.

I'm going to attempt to epoxy my girlfriends one in the morning, or give superglue a try. If that fails, it'll be a trip to the wreckers.

Bevan

P.S. on the automatic a/c control unit, to calibrate the steppers:
1. Turn ignition from off to run
2. Quickly push and hold the "off" button on the A/c control unit.
3. Observe all segments of the display should light up.
4. Press the "temp up" button on the unit till you get "30" displayed.
5. Press the defrost button.
6. You should hear the stepper motors wind full one way to their zero point.
Hi Bevan
I am from nz as well and have a k12 2006 march. Your post was helpful and l found the same broken piece in my one.
Were you able to glue it in ? Also there is a spring attached to it but out now. Is there any diagram of the parts on the net and how the spring fits.
James

Hi Bevan
I am from nz as well and have a k12 2006 march. Your post was helpful and l found the same broken piece in my one.
Were you able to glue it in ? Also there is a spring attached to it but out now. Is there any diagram of the parts on the net and how the spring fits.
James
Yes, the broken linkage spring is going up to the "heating matrix/heating core" valve, which is controlling the hot water flow inside the radiator. (No one hasn't spoken about this valve in any of these kind of forums where I have looked.) So this valve is locating at the passenger side near firewall where the heating matrix pipes are going to engine side. If you have this valve closed, it doesen't matter if the broken linkage which controls "flip flop flap" "cold/warm" cabin air is open or closed. It will blow cold air. Sorry for my bad english, greeting from Finland and below I hope these 2 pics is coming through, which shows this broken linkage and famous radiator valve with a small spring where the linkage other end should go. (These are form nissan cube z11 1.4l cr14de year 2005"

Attachments

• Snapchat-1806159178.jpg
    Snapchat-1806159178.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 490
  • 20210821_005941.jpg
    20210821_005941.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 407
Hi, I have a Nissan March 2006, also i believe known as a Micra the heater has stopped and is only blowing cold air, its winter here in New Zealand, so I need to figure out how to make it work, it hasn't been working for around 6 months so I don't believe its an engine serious problem. Thank you to anyone one who can help
Hi. It could possibly be your heater coil that's blocked or the heater coil had packed up or your flap is stuck that switches between hot and cold air. If you flush your coil and get heat after that then that was the problem. If not then your coil has packed up. First check your flap as well to make sure it's not stuck.

Before we found this thread, we had given up on my wife's 2004 1.4L Micra and got a 12V portable heater/fan from China for NZ$48.63 in a week, Positioned it between the front seats on the front drink hole facing forward. In Cromwell's very low morning temperatures it actually did a good job which, as I planned to replace all the lower dash covers I'd removed, I was sure would be even better!