K11 Micra only starts when cold

Hi, I have an issue with my 2001 Nissan micra where it only starts from cold. For example if I want to go for a drive it will start fine but then if I stall it or stop somewhere they engine won't start again for about 30 mins until presumably it cools down, then it start fine. Temperature readings are normal and it doesn't show signs of overheating. I should also add that when it refuse to start the starter motor still turns the engine over just very slowly, in a similar way to trying to start a car with a dead battery. I have checked the alternator and it is producing the correct voltage and I believe the previous owner had the battery changed to try and solve the issue to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ECU Temp sensor has failed (it is different from the gauge one). To restart when warm remove the fuel pump fuse, crank until it starts, it will run for a bit then cut out, replace fuse and start and it should run ok again.

ECU Temp sensor has failed (it is different from the gauge one). To restart when warm remove the fuel pump fuse, crank until it starts, it will run for a bit then cut out, replace fuse and start and it should run ok again.
Thank you for the reply, do you think this is also why the starter motor barley turns the engine over when hot, or is this a different problem?
Isaac

doubtful aint it isaac, starter motor issue maybe ?
best to check the voltage drop when cranking hot and cold first, it should drop to about 10v i think

Back