micra Lreg 1.0 gearbox change. and linkage problems

Hello all

i have hd to change the engine and gearbox on the micradue to low compression on the engine and the beaings had gone in the gearbox. i got a good deal on a engine and box from 1999 micra.

i have today fitted the engine and box and yes its freezing out side lol.

after fitting it i have found that the gearbox is slighty differant with a few things and wonder if you are able to help me out

the gear stick linkages were they changed from the 1993 micra when the chnaged the box style for the 1999 micra. because when i goto fit the gearlinkage bar to the box its as if the bar is too long?

also the second problem i have the car is cable speedo and the new box has the electric sensor. i was thinking i could just swap the speedo drives over but the one out of my box is smaller and the new box has a much larger hole any ideas?

we also come across another small problem with the revers switch and nurtal switch but have managed to sort that one out by rewiring the plugs :)

the pre 98 1.0,s have a different g/box, shafts, gearchange, flywheel, clutch and cross member/rear mount ricky :eek:

the pre 98 1.0,s have a different g/box, shafts, gearchange, flywheel, clutch and cross member/rear mount ricky :eek:

hello thanks for the reply

drive shafts have managed to sort out was one of the things i noticed, i changed them over. the engine and box i got was complete so the flywheel and clutch was all included.

you say gearchange is differnt by this i take it you mean the linkage bars under the car inclding the gearstick?

also you say rear mount/cross member is diff?
i have fitted the rear gearbox mount that come with the new box and engine. are you saying the engine support beam under or just the rubber mount on the back is differant as well?

you may just need to swap the 1 rod ricky ? and the alloy and rubber rear mount and captive nuts on the cross member are slightly different (but you may be able to fit packing under yours to re-align it eh)

you may just need to swap the 1 rod ricky ? and the alloy and rubber rear mount and captive nuts on the cross member are slightly different (but you may be able to fit packing under yours to re-align it eh)

i have got the engine at the min bolted up to the old rear mount, but i will see if i can get the one from the other car as it was still on the car.

can the rods be removed from the gear stick? as i would replace both of them to make sure its ok. also how easy are the rods to get off. im guessing its exhaust out the way job?

also do you have any ideas on the speedo?

the upper fixed rod should be the same, because its attached to the r/mount eh, and the acting rod just bolts off
and the pre-facelift (pre-electronic) 1.3 speedo drive may fit eh ?

the upper fixed rod should be the same, because its attached to the r/mount eh, and the acting rod just bolts off
and the pre-facelift (pre-electronic) 1.3 speedo drive may fit eh ?

cool thank you will give that a go, fingers grossed ill have the gear rods sorted tommrrow and then will hunt for a 1.3 cable speedo drive and the car is complete again :D

when i last swapped bits from my 1998 1.3 slx to a a 1994 1.3 slx (auto converted to manual), the rear engine rubber mount were different between an auto and manual hence engine was push too far forward. recently did a comparison between a central support beam from a 1.3 micra that is originally a manual, and the support beam from a 1.3 micra that was converted from auto to manual and found the central beams are the same but its the rubber mount that's different.

even though the part number thats moulded into the rubber mount says the same cos the rubber profile is the same, its the metal casing that the rubber mount is inserted into which is different.

i have the spare rubber mount in garage i grabbed from scrappy thats prob from a 1.0 (cos i mistakenly matched via that mould part number without knowing the metal casing was different) so didn't fit my 1.3 properly. if you take a side pic of urs we could compare their profiles n see if fitting mine'll work

well got the new linkage and gear stick both rods are differant so please i went back to the car i got the engine and box from and got the complete gear stick and rods

the rear engine mount i couldnt see or notice any differance and mine was alreay sitting there with the bolt in it. holding the engine

now to sort out the speedo.

also any one know about the drive shafts on the newer box? want to know if the outer cv joints are the same so i could get a complete shaft from a newer car of did they change the hub and bearing? mine is runnign 13" wheels if that makes a diff

the outboard c/v splines are all the same ricky (just the inboard c/v and bare shaft splines that are different)

Back