Micra K12 - from the start

A

andyb5403

Bascially got a new micra K12 1.2 S and its not had a thing done to it. I've been driving it for a while now and my intention is to begin modding it in february by then i should have about £4k maybe more if i sell my body or something...Anyway where to begin?

I'm ideally looking for a body kit that looks good and retains a japanese feel to it, but the problem is I've only seen 3 kits of the K12 anywhere. Am I just looking in the wrong places? I was hoping you micra vets would be able to show me the light. I'm also hoping to get the car lowered and some decent alloys, but again, showing my ignorance, what size to go for? I was recommended 14" alloys but most of the ones I've seen are 15". The next thing is the interior needs done, particuarly the cd player which is ####ing up majorly but that's something I can actually do myself. What have you k12 owners done with your interior, colour coded? just left it in favour of the engine and body styling?

All replies are greatly appreciated...I need all the help I can get.

Cheers
AndyB

(it's in the k11 section by the way)
i'm sure a couple of people on here was selling some 160SR alloys in buy and sell. i may be wrong though. iirc they are 16"

lol i just reposted it ah well...

Cheers
AndyB

So there are no other suggestions? Just the tyres lol...

Cheers
AndyB

if you emphasise on performance i would suggest 15'' light weight alloys as a starting point, not only it looks good straight away, with lowering it will improve your car's performance and handling without compromising on fuel consumption some people experienced with larger wheels and you dont have to re-adjust your speedo because of your new bigger wheels.

buying a member's 160 alloys will cost quite a bit so you may as well add a bit on top and get yourself a new set.

light weight alloys can be expensive here, my friends usually look to ship from south east asia.

fit one of those official nissan bodykit will only cost you 50 quid from ebay. its not a big kit but it does improve the look of your car.

interior wise, i have seen bucket seats and harnesses installed, rip out backseats etc but not many have done much to their k12 dash i dont think.

Thanks for the info!! Would you happen to have a link to any of the official Nissan Kits, or links to websites where your friend gets his alloys? I don't know about taking out the back seats as there are rear doors, but that bridge can be crossed when I come to it.

Thanks for the reply.
AndyB

No the thing is I didn't buy it, it was a gift from my parents, one of those "small car to get you out and about" hence the 5 doors. They have come in rather useful though ferrying my mates about the place. The kit on ebay says it fits a 3 door only so is it possible for it to be adapted to fit a 5-door or is it a lost cause.

Cheers
AndyB

andyb5403 said:
The kit on ebay says it fits a 3 door only so is it possible for it to be adapted to fit a 5-door or is it a lost cause.

Cheers
AndyB

i think the kit is the same for both 3 dr and 5 dr models as the sill are the same length and the bumpers are the same. at one point all the kits on ebay were for 5 dr models and people were fitting them to 3 dr.

the bumper parts will fit fine as long as you've got a pre facelift model.

yeah, that is a pre face lift. The 3 dr kits are slightly different to the 5 dr ones, but just because there is a lip on the top of the skirts that sits just inside the doors. But you could still fit it, it just wouldnt be perfect. I bought a 3 dr kit and was gonna fit it to my 5dr, but then i just bought a 3dr anyway.

Lol, alas if i was able to buy a 3 door...as I mentioned in a previous post there were some kits I seen that I liked the look of, but they were into the £100s one was near enough a grand so I think I'll avoid that. At any rate it's really the performance I want first and then I can worry about the looks, but if anyone would be able to give me a link for some lightweight 15" alloys that would be great.

Big thanks to everyone that's replied, can't wait to come to a meet and thank you all properly.

Cheers
AndyB

I would recomend either Rota, Ultralite or Volk Racing wheels. all them do jap looking rims, and are light weight. My volks are coming in 3 weeks. :grinning:

Cool, seen a set of volks I like last night, need to see if I can get em priced now.

Cheers for the feedback
AndyB

Back