Micra k11 VVL Engine: Help

Hello everyone i am new at this forum.
First of all congratulations for this great forum.
I live far away from England.I live in Greece.
I own a Nissan Micra k11 cga3 and i would like to put a new
engine on it.

Does anyone know if a Neo VVL 1.6 can be fitted?
Is anyone here who has done this modification?
Are there any specs available?

Thank you!

As far as I know noone has got round to fitting any VVL engine to a Micra, something Ive always wanted to see/do though.

Many people have fitted the GA16 into a Micra though, not entirely sure what physical differences (size ect) there are between the standard and VVL version.

There are quite a few VVL engine K11's in Japan, unfortunately i don't have any links but hopefully someone will have some.

Mike

the vvl engine is the same size as an sr20 (it looks exactly the same on the outside)

so it would be like fitting an sr20 into a k11 (vvl looms are diffrent to sr20 ones tho, but you will have to change the loom as as fitting a ga/sr engine anyway)...

the engine your reffering to is called SR16ve iirc

a few poeople on here have fitted sr20 motors, was a while ago now though! (Y)

GA and SR are completely different. The SR engines are alot bigger than the GA's

Yeah, SR20DE and SR16VE are identical in terms of size etc. only difference is internals and head. Also theres the SR16VE N1 engine. But very rare. And also the SR20VE

If you got all the right mounting in place to fit an SR20, then an SR16 will fit the same mounting. The only difference is that the SR16VE came with an LSD gearbox as standard and had a different passenger side driveshaft due to a "bulge" on the gearbox needing the slightly smaller driveshaft. The SR20DE came with no LSD gearbox.

You can run SR20VE engines on an SR20DE ECU as long as you dont abuse the engine and get it mapped with a greddy mss soon after because the fueling maps on the 2 ECU's are the same from low RPM's. Im not sure if its the same for the SR16 though.

Good luck

Back