Micra K11 SUSPENSION

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to take the suspension off from the car? like roughly how long would it take for the front to come off and whats involved as im looking to replace the old worn out suspension with new and throw some lowering springs to make a decent look!! nothing to expensive e.t.c.

Thanks in advance!!

Jimi

IF YOU DONT FEEL COMFTABLE THEN GET A GARAGE TO DO IT

really easy fella jack car up at the front take front wheel off 2x17mm bolts with a nut on the ens and a lil jiggle of the knuckle and that shouls come free from the strut then pop the bonnet and 2x12mm nuts from the top of the strut and it should then fall away from the car and be free of the car

to replace then re do the sequence

back end is jack the car up take wheel offand behind your drums there is 1x17mm nut and bolt either side of the car at the bottom of the strut take that out and axel will fall open the boot and there is either 2x12mm or 2x14mm nuts you will need a adjustable spanner because as you turn the nut the whole shaft will turn so look at the top and there should be two flat edges on the top of the shaft so grip hold of that and turn the nut then the strut will prise free from the car

then you might need a friend to help stand on the drom ONLY IF THE CAR IS ON AXEL STANDS and put a downward pressure onto the drum there for freeing the spring from the car get your friend to pull the spring out

to replace redo the sequence

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS HANDS COULD BE CAUGHT IN THE PROCESS AND MAKE SURE EVERY NUT AND BOLT IS TIGHTENED PROPERLY AS IT IS A MAIN COMPONANT OF YOUR CAR

as we dont want you driving along and for your car to fall apart

jim bling, thanks very much for your reply, appreciated!! now i need to get suspension and some lowering springs... id rather buy the mounts too as this way i can build them up in my shed and when ready i can just swap over one time e.t.c. if you see what i mean!!

j

Back