Micra K11 - light in the boot

Hi everybody,

I have a K11 Micra and recently fit it with light in the boot.
Can somebody tell me how that light is switched on and off. does it turn on when you open the boot or some other way. I have it now connected with the back lights....when they are on, the light in the boot is on too.

Thank you very much in advance

Hello Kalata. I installed a boot light not so long ago, so I might be able to help you, or others who want to fit one.

If your micra doesn't come as standard with a bootlight, what I found best was to run a wire directly from the positive terminal on the battery, that way the light can be turned on even without the key in the ignition. Connect that wire to an inline fuse for saftey, then connect it to the positive side of the light. Then run another wire from the negative side of the light to the switch (it must be 'push to break') and connect the otherside of the switch, or the switch body depending on the style, to the bare metal of the body or a ground point. You've also got to make sure the switch does actually get pressed down with the tailgate:wasntme:

Pollyp mentions the lock mechanism but I don't think mine had a switch in it, would have made it alot easier if it did so it might be worth checking.

Hi again,

Thanks for the quick response...I checked yesterday - there is no swittch in the boot lock mechanism.
I am going today to the scrap yard for few bits and bobs and I will check if the car I took the light from has that switch.
otherwise i have to connect it the way ''euro_micra'' is sugesting.

P.S I was thinking to use the same switch like the one on the doors that cuts off the interior light.
I might take one from the scrap yard...:suspect::suspect:

here's a pic of my boot latch, notice the switch at the end thats connected to the loom

DSC02797..JPG DSC02799..JPG

when the boot is closed and locked, the latch pushes the switch to break the circuit and turn off the boot light

DSC02800..JPG

It would be cool if people were used to take pictures when they do things, to make guides for example! It's very useful for non english speakers people.
Great contribution from Polly again ... Thanks mate
Seb

Kala, you see, I've told you :)
Ask the guys on this site and you'd get your prob sorted out :):):)
Soon I'd have a boot light too, Kalata has found one for me :):):)

Some update on my K11 boot light...
All is complete now...I fit a new boot latch with the switch...run all the cables and everything works perfect.
I have pictures but dunno how to attach them.:blush::blush::wasntme::k11motors:

Kala, happy you got it sorted finally mate. (Y)
This is looking like an interesting upgrade, I will now be on the lookout for the light kit off a donor K11.
Just got one small question: Is the wiring loom required already in the boot?
Cheers in advance guys :grinning:

Kala, you'd need to upload your photos in your own profile on www.imageshack.com or similar website. Then open the picture you want to add to your post, copy the link address and from the menu above the panel where you write post choose the icon on the right beside the little envelop. Paste the link, click OK and there you go...

I thought all micras had the wiring in the boot for a light and you only had to plug one in, much like rear speakers?

Very low gear models (L) 1.0 like mine have minimum wiring loom: no cig lighter, no fog lights wires, no rev counter wire, no boot light wires, no rear spearkers wires. It seems ridiculous, but in the end, economies of scale, KM of wiring and hours of work saved for Nissan.
Cheers
Seb

Mine is all electric and still doesn't ave that boot light. It looks like it's been an option to choose from when buying a new K11. Kalata found in a scrappy one for free for me and we got it fitted the other day. The light is on only when your headlights are on though. My father is going to get me a little switch to fit on negative wire and will have it on when I need (positive would be relocated too)

Mine is all electric and still doesn't ave that boot light. It looks like it's been an option to choose from when buying a new K11. Kalata found in a scrappy one for free for me and we got it fitted the other day. The light is on only when your headlights are on though. My father is going to get me a little switch to fit on negative wire and will have it on when I need (positive would be relocated too)

So pepo was your wiring loom already there, so you just plug and play or did you have to run all new wiring and everythingy ourself? fwn

Ogi, there's no wiring at all. I've run the cables myself, not a big job, though :laugh:... If you need to a help, give us a shout :)

Lads, for me it was a different story...
my micra didn't have boot light, cigarete lighter but all the wiring was there.
I just bought a cigarete lighter and connected it.with the boot light I had the wiring for the light on itself, but didn't have the switch and the wiring for it.
so every micra is unique :laugh::laugh:(Y)(Y)

Anyway like Peposhi said....the wiring is very easy job.

Lads, for me it was a different story...
my micra didn't have boot light, cigarete lighter but all the wiring was there.
I just bought a cigarete lighter and connected it.with the boot light I had the wiring for the light on itself, but didn't have the switch and the wiring for it.
so every micra is unique :laugh::laugh:(Y)(Y)

Anyway like Peposhi said....the wiring is very easy job.

It was the same for me :)

:suspect: Only if you know what you're doing though :glare::p:p:p:p

You're so right, and this will be easy job for me, however I would like to keep it as original as I can, thats why I was asking about the loom. Guess I'm gonna have to check it out, might turn out to have it there already (Y) and only need switch and lamp jobbies :blues:

Hi

all iam going to put a boot light in on my 1997 nissan micra L 1.0 liter it has the wireing on the right hand side of the boot. Tucked in behind the carpet the wires are live and ready for connection iam just wondering is there any other nissan models that use the same locking mecanisim as the nissan micra also the boot light.

thanks

Erm, possibly a silly request, but does anyone have a picture of a standard boot light? Something I'm thinking if fitting to my Micra if it came as standard, also did they come as standard on the pre-facelift K11 SRs?

KTHXBAI

Wondering if I can make that any brighter actually as it only lights up about half the boot at the minute. Would be good over the winter. Hmm

hey guys im doing this whole jobby of installing a boot light soon and want to hook it up to the fuse box so do i run the cables to the fuse box and then down under the carpet on drivers side of the car into the boot near where the rear speakers are i dont think mine has the stuff for the boot light and ive took the stuff apart and i deffinatly dont have a switch in my boot thingy which sucks lol gonna do it the old school way of either a switch so i cna just turn it on and off when i need it or a push to break switch from maplin :p

if theres anyone after this conversion ive just pulled all the interior from mine and have the light, precut trim panel etc kicking around that will just end up in the bin soon, will need your non switch latch to replace mine though and your more than welcome to chop out the wiring to the lamp if needed. collect only im afraid, based on the south coast.

best way i found was to get a door sesor push for off switch from a pug and a boot light from a pug!

then simply ran a wire from the live feed for interior light run to light and then wire to switch which can be positioned anywhere! i put mine on the right hand side of the boot where the rubber comes down from the boot lid

1293028030490.jpg

1293028111777.jpg

1293028133745.jpg

1293029703680.jpg

1293029723121.jpg

1293031384322.jpg

1293032136747.jpg

1293031769726.jpg

I had a Focus previously and wired into the boot lights two strips of LED's. I've got my tyre jack wedged up near the light. I'm thinking LED strips again. Gotta be Ice White :3

Following on my previous post, I'm considering one 15cm strip of LED's under the side plastics of the boot, hide the wires ofc - has anyone hidden LED's under the side plastics in their boot?

Back