Micra K11 headunit wiring, PLEASE HELP!

B

bobbybok

I'm trying to wire in a Sony headunit to my 98 k11 micra, got a autolead adaptor but having no luck geting the headunit to do anything, the headunit works fine as I've tested it in another car. Can any clever person tell me what each colur cable is what on the O.E headunit wiring, thanks.:wasntme:

Use the autolead adapter. There should be 2 earth wires. One in the loom and one thats loose. make sure you wire up the loose earth to smewhere metal on the car. I put mine on the orignal head unit screw fixings. On the right hand side.

IIRC the colours are

Red - live
black - earth/negitive
yellow - ignition
orange - memory
brown - car phone thing or something
purples - speaker
whites - speaker
greens - speaker

and 2 other speaker wires.

Ian

Legend, thanks, think some of my wires where striped but I'll pull it out at the weekend and have another crack!:grinning:

p11sr20 said:
is the aerial connector not an earth like on my p11?
I thought it was, but i was quite shocked when my new headunit turned on before i'd plugged the aerial in...

It's actually earthed through the cage, and into the chassis on the right hand side of the centre console. The original oem unit is screwed in through this piece of metal, creating the earth :)

If it works fine then ok. However if I'm fitting an aftermarket unit then I always run a dedicated earth...........but I do love my car audio ;)

Back