K11 HeadUnit Problems

J

JonB

I've recently inherited a k11 1995 Micra from my brother who has moved onto a new car, however the car's stock headunit is broken (All the buttons have gone so you cannot input the security code).

So I went out and bought a Pioneer DEH-3700MP Headunit and a wiring harness for the micra. It connects fine but does not turn on. I have already tested the unit in a friends car and it works fine. When I reattached the stock headunit to see if that would power up, at first it didn't but once I left it attached for a short while it powered up when I went to drive as normal.

I'm guessing it seems to be a problem with the power coming off of the battery into the headunit, but I'm not too sure on how to go about fixing this, any suggestions?

(I've searched through the forums to see if anyone else had the same type of problem but alas can find nothing.)

Sounds like you could have an earth fault. Try running a separate earth to the Pioneer HU. I know my Pioneer HU was funny at first. Wouldn't power up fully without the aerial plugged in.

you dont have a earth as micra's earth through the aieral. Just need to wire one into the dash somewere.

Mike

I wired mine to the metal braces that run along behind where the head units go, Also mike the head units in the k11 are bolted in this gives them the earth too! If you take off the bottom plate of the dash (under the ashtray) you will see the airbag unit (dont wire it to this) but next to it there is a screw holding the dash frame together, thats where i wired mine and it works perfectly, Plus remember your Alternative power (yellow)

hope this helps

Daz :alien:

Thanks a lot guys, I rigged a fitting out of co-axial cable just to test it out and it works, so I'll be going to the local Pioneer shop to get a proper adapter.

Back