Micra K11 fuel injection or ECM fault?- So here is what happened + Nissans response

Hi

I posted a new thread recently about my 2001 Micra's catastrophic FI failure and the RAC mans view that the ECU had failed.

Their was a view on here (correctly) that in fact it was the NATS.

Next day go to car with spare key, starts first time. Try key that wasnt working the night before, starts first time.

Ring Nissan

"Yes sir that can happen. If someone drove past (like a taxi) using an illegal waveband, or you are in an area of certain strong radio broadcasts it can block the signal between the key and the ECU thus triggering the NATS which cuts the FI"

ME - Really

"We recently serviced a Micra with NATS and the next day it wouldnt start. Customer rings very angry saying we have wrecked his car. Turns out his wife had installed a cheap wireless door bell the day the car was being serviced and this jammed the key/ECU link. Once the doorbell was removed the car worked perfectly"

ME - Is their a solution

"Not really. Carry the spare key"

I make no comment, other than the car continues to work perfectly.......until the next time.:eek:

Edgey

it could problee do it for millisecs ,,but key back in and the car should start
and you know what i always say,good to start with a check of the,,,,,ignition switch:grinning:

Back