Badly behaving Micra. Nats, Immobiliser or what

My daughter has a 1997 P reg 1.0. Having read through the threads to find a solution and have checked all suggested.
Same old problem. Car starts then engine dies. Getting the eroor code 14.1 then 14.3.
Key has been checked code ok. Fuse box checked. Fuses and box ok.
The problem is when this happens the immobiliser is not flashing. We leave the car for a few days. Immobilizer starts flashing again and car starts no problems and goes for that day, then when we go to start car next morning back to square one. This keeps happening. Suggestions please. My daughter is working abroad and she wants to sell the car, but doesn't want to sell it with this happening. Thankyou

Check the fuel pump relay. It's on the RHS of the drivers side footwell. (On a standard car it may be behind something, mine doesn't have any trim. My car had similar symptoms except for the imobiliser light flashing. You can test it by taking outhte relay and bridging the fuel pump contacts with a piece of wire, (bent paper clip etc) just to prove it. If it works get a new relay and pop it in.

Back