88 K10 with no brakes

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
I have a major problem with the 88 K10 I have. Changed the front pads bled the system and suddenly I now have no brakes at all!!!(all the way to the floor! Ok the stiff steering has gone and it's light so I guess that's one thing) The pads the store sold me do look different to the ones removed as they have some sort of spring on the bottom of the inner one and the ones I removed didn't. Oh and the discs are loose !! which I'm assuming isn't good at all so two questions well three really

1: Are there two different pad styles for the K10? I'm guessing I got the later ones and not earlier.

2: How tight are the discs supposed to be on and how many turns do I back the bolt off by ?

3: What's the bleeding squence.

Charlotte

2 people to bleed brakes, one to pump and one to operate the bleed nipple and top up the bottle

undo bleed nippe on passenger rear first, pump pedal about 20 times, on 20th time make sure the pedal is held down on the floor whilst you tighten the bleed nipple,

do the same on the drivers rear, then the passenger front and then the drivers fronts, in that order

dont pump the pedal like a mad man or the master cylinder seals will break and then you will need a new master cylinder, slow and steady is the key

Ok we did the front left then rear right etc. Tomorrow we will give the way you're suggesting a go. My only concern is the pads I've been sold are the same shape as the removed ones just the new ones have a tension style spring on them which the removed didn't.

I'm still thinking I've got the wrong pads

Charlotte

I usually do the break caliper bleed nut up as its been pressed. no chance of any air then. Definately air in the system however.

is the bleed sequence the same for the k11?? at the girlfriends house and just had to change a slave cylander on her mums K11 auto but my haynes is a home:doh:
thanks guys:D
Ed

Back