Micra in critical condition - advice and parts needed !

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
I have a super s that i really love and guess what. It got pranged last week. I love the car and really want to save it, but it is in a bad way.

It got hit on the front passenger side smashing the front bumper bar,passenger guard,headlight,grill,the plastic surround for the fan (not the main radiator fan) and damaging the passenger side front suspension.The bonnet/doors remain untouched and the car starts. I spent the weekend totally stripping the front end to assess the damage. If i go ahead and repair it I will also replace the front subframe section because in typical micra fashion it has started rusting through. I was just wondering if anyone had a blow up diagram of the individual front end panel parts that can be bought to possibly get it welded/repaired and if anyone knows a micra friendly panelbeater who might be able to put it on a jig to measure if the front end has been bent bent and if so to put it back into shape if possible. If anyone has red front end parts in good condition please let me know whereabouts you are and the cost. I will probably not commit to purchasing stuff until i can get advice as to whether it is repairable or not (might be bent too far out of shape to be repaired) but i want an indication of whether the parts are available so i can work out what the total cost will be. Thanks everybody for listening to my hard luck story.

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
Man that sucks it was a nice super s.
I have a front guard and grill and a slx front bar in white, a box of beer and they are yours if you want to pick them up from Castle Cove. I have a headlight as well but I think the glass has a hole in it, maybe you can use the housing?

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
I have all those parts except the super s front bar. 620racer might have the front bar also. Can ship everything together. Won't be red tho, will be various colours

CMF_Mimz

» CMF Member
Dont bother wasting your time and money. Either sell the car for parts and buy another super S or go buy another shell and transfer stuff over. Its much cheaper and safer too. For smaller car, once it has an big impact like what you said, even if repair will never gonna drive the same. Dont risk it.

CMF_620racer

» CMF Member
I may have a repairable Super S front bar in silver and front guards in red.

Got a real sweet lx rolling shell in white with or without assorted goodies.

It sucks, but if your not at fault and the other party's insurance writes your little baby off it could be a real good opportunity.

CMF_penpusher

» CMF Member
Am pretty passionate about this one and do want to keep it. Had many a good bang (yes i mean sex) in this one so it has some good memories and want to add to the tally... oh and i do like the way it looks/drives,etc .....

Have started taking off the front radiator support bracket and will be contacting repco to see if they also sell the bracket that it attaches to under the front guard as it is beat up too.

Will try and fit it all up (with my damaged bumper to see how/if it lines up that goes.

Also started removing the front suspension to replace the hub(which broke)and then replace the suspension tower,CV joint boot ,etc

Wish me luck guys !

Back