micra carbs

hi, ive got a standard micra 1.0 1992 stock car that i just got for this season but i want to make it a bit quicker so was wondering if the 1.2 micra carb is bigger and whether it will fit on the 1.0 inlet manifold and what else could i do to make it a bit quicker?

believe it or not, but the 1 litre carbs have larger jets than the 1.2 carb, your better off getting 1 or 2 webbers, or a popular choice are SU carbs

its similar to a bike carb but instead of the valve and needle being operated via a cable it moves through manifold vaccum, a popular choice is the HS4 i think, ive got one somwehere and a manifold that fits the micra :D

an 'SU' carb is just like a 'WEBER' carb, its a manufacturer as apposed to a model, ive got 2 Weber 36DCNF's for sale if your interested?

thanks for the theadvice on the 1.2 carb. but the engine has to be standard so fitting an su isnt an option but thanks for the advice, is there anything that can be done to the standard carb to get a little more power out of the engine? or any other little mods that can be done?
thanks

1.2 Carburettor will fit -main jet differs slightly but the car will still run ok with electronic ignition, the carb will have to be tweaked a little - may use a little more fuel.

thanks for the theadvice on the 1.2 carb. but the engine has to be standard so fitting an su isnt an option but thanks for the advice, is there anything that can be done to the standard carb to get a little more power out of the engine? or any other little mods that can be done?
thanks

There ain't much you can do without modding except removing the inlet and exhaust manifolds and having them polished inside, that'll help the engine to rev more freely and sharpen up it's response a bit. I did my manifolds and it definatly helps.

Back