micra 2.0 GT

tajones

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Well finally managed to find a cheap Primera GT after hours searching on various websites. It's got rear damage but the rest of it is good. Was considering repairing it cos the really is that good, but i bought it for the engine so i'm gonna go ahead with the mammoth task of fitting it in my K11. I.m taking both cars to work next week to put them side by side and get on with it. Lots of late nights and weekends i think. Will keep updates on here on how it's going and try to get some pics as i'm going along.
By the way how do i put pics on here?

if you join as a member there is an uploader option. otherwise you will have to host them externally making sure they are less than 800x600 and then attach the link.

also if you use the search icon you will see that other member have and are doing this at the moment aswell. so unfortunatly u wont be the first but can get ideas and help from them.

wayne

Please do mine is currently on hold tilll cash arrives in the form of a pay cheque! my time has been taken p with a full rebuild

Ha ha just been looking on here for the first time in ages. I forgot i'd put this thread on.
Latest update is engine is in (and has been for ages now). I've had driveshafts made. Just got the car back this week from Kristian who has done all the wiring for me to get it running. (Thanks again mate!)
All i need to do now ( he says) is finish the exaust, fit the rad, sort the power steering, and do something with the dash as i've now got primera GT clocks in there.
So watch this space. I'll try and get some pics on here as soon as.

kool mate i await the pics will be good to have another 2.0 on the forum and hopefully kept on the road not wraped around a pole or a wall

Kept on the road?
Depends how i drive it. Lol.
I'm thinking of running it for six months, then take it off the road and go to town with a lairy paint job and probably a turbo!!

OK a quick update. The car is running, driving, mot'd and taxed.
On the road at last. Still a few teething problems. But these are only minor.
I will turn my attention to the interior now and the bodywork. I dont know what to do though, go for a stripped out racecar look or just a couple of buckets and all the comforts of the road car.
As for the bodywork i might just paint it the same colour and fit some wide arches and new wider wheels or put a bodykit on and go for an unusual colour.
Who knows. I like the sleeper look so will probably keep it simple.

Attachments

• SP_A0168.jpg
    SP_A0168.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 497
  • SP_A0166.jpg
    SP_A0166.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 687
  • SP_A0171.jpg
    SP_A0171.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 476
  • SP_A0173.jpg
    SP_A0173.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 504
  • SP_A0167.jpg
    SP_A0167.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 443
Yes i got loads of pics taken during the build, when i get chance i,ll pick the best ones and put them up with some info.
The brakes are pulsar gtir calipers, discs and pads courtesy of Kristian.

OK quick update.
Off the road again now for the bodywork.
Got it in work this week and stripped it.
Just the doors, boot and bonnet to remove but i'll do all the
little repairs first to save all the dust going inside.
I'm going for a full colour change, maybe green or orange, not decided yet.
Somethin bright though.
I've picked up some wide arches and wide wheels today off K-Kustom and i'll
get some pics of these trial fitted tomorrow.
I'm gonna make a few changes to the bonnet and the boot but keep the rest
pretty standard so let me know wot you think when i show you.

Attachments

• SP_A0299.jpg
    SP_A0299.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 328
  • SP_A0300.jpg
    SP_A0300.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 321
id make that clean and looking standard except for some great wheels id also try to get the nicest 4 seat interior it would be a real wolf in sheeps clothing hehehe

Thanks for the comments guys,
The wheels i really like, always have but they are a bit marmite.
I've now bought some more so they will be coming off anyway.
The driveshafts were about £600 including new c.v joints from
a company called Drivelink.
Wot about these wheels?
14 x 9 rears and 14 x 8 fronts.
I'm gonna have to buy some coilovers now so i can really slam it.
And i'm painting them a different colour.

Attachments

• SP_A0305.jpg
    SP_A0305.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 298
  • SP_A0306.jpg
    SP_A0306.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 288
  • SP_A0308.jpg
    SP_A0308.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 333
  • SP_A0309.jpg
    SP_A0309.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 279
Yeahits brilliant, but i'm getting used to it now so it wont be long before i want more.
I'm gonna do the respray now then next year a turbo i think.

looks great,

thought you would be getting sams old wheels when you described what you were fitting and where it was coming from ;)

will look awesome,

good luck mate!

Ok another quick update,
I've been busy,( when i find spare time) doing some repairs and the body of me car is now in primer.
I've just got a bit to finish on 1 of the doors, the bonnet is almost there so just the tailgate to do then.
I think i've found a colour but i wont say any thing else on that just yet.

Attachments

• SP_A0350.jpg
    SP_A0350.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 248
  • SP_A0324.jpg
    SP_A0324.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 291
  • SP_A0349.jpg
    SP_A0349.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 276
  • SP_A0351.jpg
    SP_A0351.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 267
My wheels now look like this:

Attachments

• SP_A0425.jpg
    SP_A0425.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 279
  • SP_A0426.jpg
    SP_A0426.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 254
Car looks like this:

Attachments

• SP_A0395.jpg
    SP_A0395.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 297
  • SP_A0399.jpg
    SP_A0399.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 321
  • SP_A0400.jpg
    SP_A0400.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 295
looking real good pal. Few questions I have, did you use a booth for re-spraying? If not where did you do it and how did you find the end result? Pics and details of the build would be great aswell! thanks.

C0llis0n, I work at a garage mate and my job is doing bodyrepairs, so i have access to everything i need to do the job myself. Perks of the job i suppose.
I do have lots of pics of everything that has been done to the car, but most of them are crap quality because of the phone i had at the time when i first built it. I will try and find some good ones though.
And the car should be finished off this week, it's took awhile cos i'm changing jobs soon and i've been on courses and doing exams to qualify for my new job, so not had a lot of time to spend on the car.
I shall take some pics and update this weekend.

Cars coming along now. The outside is pretty much there for now, but inside needs work.
Few pics of it put back together.

Attachments

• SP_A0433.jpg
    SP_A0433.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 279
  • SP_A0434.jpg
    SP_A0434.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 298
  • SP_A0436.jpg
    SP_A0436.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 266
  • SP_A0441.jpg