Micra 160SR/SportSR Tyres

Hey,

The 160SR/Sport SR comes with tyre size 185/50 R16. Can I fit tyre size 195/45 R16 on the car. The reason I'm asking is because you can get tires like GOODYEAR - EAGLE F1 GSD3.

Thanks

Sky

Cool. The bulge will help against curbing. Not that I curb alloys anyways :D.

These tyres is another thing to add to the list when I buy a Sport SR :D.

Thanks

Sky

Tyres for 160SR.

Hi Skyliner 34,
I think you'd better ask your tye dealer about the alternative sizes, I would tend to stick with what you have rather than swap them for another size. It could invalidate the warranty!!! I was quoted £158 for two Continental Premium Contact, from Blackcircles.com.o_O

the contis are fine for what they are. they suit the handling of the car in the wet and dry.

saying that i'll be getting better tyres when needed :D but i would wait till you need to change them before rushing out for new tyres :)

Got 215/55R16 on ours

bit too wide IMO (and it scrubs on full lock)

Drives fine though, and still feels solid on wet roads - will get them swapped for smaller tyres when they need replacing though

I'm needoing tyres in the next few months, but the standard 160SR tyres seem to be an odd size, therefore quite expensive.
What would be a safe replacement size that would be cheaper(still a good brand though, Toyo) ? :)

215, jeez, thats wide for the 160SR wheel. 195 should be fine I think.

Toyos are nothing special, and their a bit too soft, so they wear to fast.

I'm gonna go for 205/45/16 when I change mine.

Accordin to a tyre calc, they are the closest match in terms of rolling radius to the original tyre.

They are also the same size tyre fitted to the Clio 172/182 so should improve handling.

I doubt it, it will only be 10mm either side of the rim.

The tolerances for the inside edge should be greater than 10mm thats for sure.

Well my fronts have done 20700 miles now, so need changing asap :)

Gonna scrape a few more miles out of em, then change.

CocoPops said:
Well my fronts have done 20700 miles now, so need changing asap :)

Gonna scrape a few more miles out of em, then change.

wow, mine are approaching 4k and i think it won't be to long till i need more :S

4k on a set of fronts?!?

Dear god, you must be spinning them everywhere to get that little milage.
I get 8-10k from a set of rears on my VX220 and thats with trackdays and a damn sight more power going through them than the micra!

theres a few thousand miles left in them i think.

thats the thing i don't abuse them, not too much anyway lol. i don't rag it senseless everytime i get in. don't do wheel spins etc

i think rik got about 5k or so out of his but he drove his hard.

It all depends on the roads you got. Rough country roads like I've got will wear them down like hell. Motorway/town driving wont do much to them.

Hi, I have 195 45 16's on mine on 6.5x16 hairpin alloys, they stand about 10mm lower than the 185's but are a vast improvement on the road, better steering feel etc. I started off with 4x Kumho but after a few thousand miles I got a puncture that was too close to the sidewall for repair, I couldn't get a replacement Kumho anywhere at the time so I ended up buying 2x Continentals that are now on the front.
The Conti's did feel a little better at the time but that may have been because they were new? but I always say the only thing between you and the road is your tyre so always buy the best you can get and make sure the speed and load ratings are adequate. The Kumho's on the back are hardly worn, the fronts will wear out first but that's a hard driven FWD thing, not a tyre fault :p

Back