160SR Wheels / Tyres

I recenty said goodbye to my trusty 1.4 Micra SX which is now a cube of scrap metal. 197,00 miles on the clock.

I really miss that workhorse, it didn't miss a beat UNTIL the fuel pump packed in (in the middle of the road)...... anyhoo I could spend all night telling you just how reliable that car was but I won't waste time.

I have a Micra 160SR too but its ride is WAY too tight for the roads up here (Far north of Scotland / loads of pot holes) it's like driving a supermarket trolly along at speed. I told the scrapyard they could have my 1.4SX but I wanted to keep the wheels tyres.

The tyres I was using on the 1.4SX were 185/60/15 on a 15 inch wheel. I have now fitted these wheels / tyres over to the Micra 160SR (for the winter) and what a difference!........ Not as "grippy and nailed down" like the 160SR wheels size / low profile tyres but a lot less bang / clunk and general **** over rough roads.

That was the one MAJOR thing I disliked about the 160SR, unless the roads were mirror flat it was no use / is no use........ the stock wheels / low profile tyres may be fine in developed countries like Japan and China (who have perfectly flat roads) but in a ****hole like "Great Britain" where the roads are full of potholes / random drug addicts wandering about and crap drivers.............

to be continued.

OP
OP
umagumma
How time flies.......... I bought "Steve" with 50,000 miles on the clock:

Very sad to say bye bye ;)

OP
OP
umagumma
How time flies.......... I bought "Steve" with 50,000 miles on the clock:

Very sad to say bye bye ;)