Micra 160SR 55 plate has developed a noise???

Hi the wifes car has just developed a noise on the front end, sounds like near side?

When the brakes are applied there is a clunk clunk/ knock knock (it's not a joke) from this area that can be heard inside the car. When pulling away sharp there is the same noise but only once. This has also developed into a constant knock knock, as a right hand lock is applied increasing with speed. Sounds like a CV joint but all looks good under the car. No evidence of grease, split boot's etc.. Springs look okay, lilttle bit of play in and out on drive shatfts but nothing major.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

its the subframe common fault the bolts need tightening but put thread lock on the bolts bith my k12 did this

May have found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All subframe bolts and engine mounts ok...................Have only had the car 2 months bought from a local Evans Halshaw dealer so would have expected all the general things to have been checked with their stringent checks prior to sale?
After lots of scratching of heads I decided to remove the front wheels and look for anything obvious. Both front wheels, wheel nuts where only a quarter of a turn beyond hand tight and although no movement or vibration could be felt through the steering wheel or the wheel itself when pushed and pulled wondered if this could be it.
The bottom brake caliper retaining bolt was loose and the rear brake pad was seized on................ Cleaned and copper slipped, put retaining bolt and wheel nuts back, tight and so far so good.
I hope I'm not tempting fate but no noise it appears to have gone, fingers crossed thats all it was.
Thanks for your help anyway.(Y)

Back