Making a micra look good for peanuts!

CMF_jaylaw17

» CMF Member
Whats the best diy mods to make a micra look good on a non existant budget!! haha! have seen a few diy spoilers etc that look really good but just wondered if anyone can give me any tips or advice on what to do and how to do it. My model is a y reg activ.

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Purely for looks and cheapest budget I reckon:

Home made bad boy bonnet,
50mm lowering springs
15" wheels with 195/45s
3-4 inch tail pipe on a muffler that gives a nice note.
'Lawn edging' for front spoiler (see existing post)—optional

Done.

yeh for a ****ter i'd go the $2 can route, bust out the grinder on the stock springs and chop of atleast half the spring.. possibly even completely remove the rear ones.. whilst the you've got the grinder in your hand, cut the exhaust of somewhere close to the engine.. that way you get plenty of hectic sounds and more power :D! that's about all i can think of on a tight budget..

CMF_littlebear

» CMF Member
Y'know I was gonna suggest cutting the springs and whacking a great hole in the muffler but decided to go more legal!

**** it, instead of tints why not use spray paint on the windows too for that Darth Vader look :D

smidge

» CMF Member
jaylaw: get a can of paint colour matched at your local parts store for around twenty bucks and read up on prepping and spraying with cans

do you hatch handle, mirrors, door handles if ya keen

it wont last forever but you'll have fun doing it and will look okay if you dont fak it up

littlebear WROTE:

"Y'know I was gonna suggest cutting the springs and whacking a great hole in the muffler but decided to go more legal!<BR><BR>**** it, instead of tints why not use spray paint on the windows too for that Darth Vader look :D

hell yeh.. never thought of that.. black painted windows would be mad as. dunno about seeing where your going? lol. i've had my red car tinted twice (over the top of eachother) a layer of reflective 20% and then normal blackish 20 over that.. we had the light o meter thing inside the car and apparently those 2 layers equal 3% tint... its hard as **** to see into the car (probably harder to see in then my gf's car and she's got straight 5% on her car) but its so easy to see out, be it during the day, or night... plus it looks pretty hella cool reflecto in the right light.. something to think about if you know a good window tinter next time you/s get your windows done. highly reccomend if you want dark windows but don't like the idea of not being able to see out at night that great (but i can still see out of 5% easy as anyways lol)

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
To make your micra look good on a low or nearly non existing budget there are a few things you should buy. A set of lowering springs and a set of rims. Can`t go around these mods, its what makes the whole look of the car..

Then if the car already have painted bumpers get the doorhandles,bootlidhandle and mirrors colorcoaded to match the color of the car.

Aftermarket taillights arent to expensive of ebay and is a sweet mod to make the car stand out..

If you can borrow equipment to rub and polish the original paint of the car, the original paint will look mint in notime. And the best thig is that it is free and wont cost you a cent!

Another DIY mod you can do is to modefy your grill. There are a few ways to do it depending on what look you want. If you have a 93 - 96 grill best look is the Nismo look, and if its a 96 - 98 grill best look is the Wald or Seat look.. Shouldnt cost you more than a bit of black alumesh and glue, filler and colorcoded paint to suit the cars original paint.

Back