Major Update

James

Chairman
Well, it certainly took me some time, but here is the new MSC layout, including the new logo as voted for by you, the MSC Official Members!

Comments can be made here, just bear in mind I spent a fair few hours doing this ;)

Also added is a brand new Links & Downloads section, which can be found here: http://www.micra.org.uk/local_links.php :)

Anyone can add links, and official members can upload files, images, whatever they want!

I have also added a countdown to the home page, underneath the links :)

I appreciate the style may look a bit different, but if you wish, you can change to a variant of the old version by choosing "K11 Style" in the styles list.

Right, it's off to bed for me now!

James :)

a bit plain but for a few hours work mate its good, loving the new logo :) keep up the good work mate i know you work hard on all this and it shows ! :)

Not seeing the New logo, but quite like the new layout! Is it possible to have the profile so i can change it back to the old one, or has this on totally replaced it?

Good work man - Well done *pats back!*

Titch :)

the new logo isnt on mine... :s

its the one you designed james and its got a blank space to the right hand side..its cool but the banner at the top doesnt seem right to me

That logo is the poor one, this is a much better one below mate:

logo2db.jpg

And one with the "M" over the smudge:

logo22vn.jpg

Looking good mate, apart from hyperlinks look the same as normal text so are quite hard to see

Im on Ems computer tho so they may be different when i get back tomorrow

Arnold said:
Looking good mate, apart from hyperlinks look the same as normal text so are quite hard to see

Im on Ems computer tho so they may be different when i get back tomorrow

no they are same colour as normal txt

Like the new logo, but someone who knows about image optimisation need to have a look at it. The aliasing around the MSC letters could be avoided completely by taking the original image and either:-

a) Lowering the amount of JPEG compression (increasing the quality) resulting in a slightly larger filesize but smoother blocks of colour/better detail.

b) Using a different compression algorithm on the original image such as GIF (or even PNG). GIF is paricularly suited for simple logos with few colours and allows small filesizes and the ability to maintain fine line detail.

Sorry to preach, but the end result will be a more professional-looking site :grinning:

Jonny

great look !

Sorry posted this mesage as a new thread I think it looks great everything's easy to read and realy distinct looks like some effort has gone into it hope it's here to stay

jonnyfatman said:
Like the new logo, but someone who knows about image optimisation need to have a look at it. The aliasing around the MSC letters could be avoided completely by taking the original image and either:-

a) Lowering the amount of JPEG compression (increasing the quality) resulting in a slightly larger filesize but smoother blocks of colour/better detail.

b) Using a different compression algorithm on the original image such as GIF (or even PNG). GIF is paricularly suited for simple logos with few colours and allows small filesizes and the ability to maintain fine line detail.

Sorry to preach, but the end result will be a more professional-looking site :grinning:

Jonny
Yeah, I was only going on what I was supplied with. If Darren could provide the PSD file I can create one as optimised as possible, and I agree, there are too many JPEG artefacts on the current one.

By the way, thanks for the positive feedback and comments, makes it all worthwhile :)

James

James said:
By the way, thanks for the positive feedback and comments, makes it all worthwhile :)

Desevidly (sp?) so man - you work your ass off on this site. Good comments are the least we can do for the amount of work you put in! :)

Titch said:
Desevidly (sp?) so man - you work your ass off on this site. Good comments are the least we can do for the amount of work you put in! :)
Flattery will get you everywhere Mr. Titch ;)

Still no garage though lol. ;) No seriously good work. Not so sure on the blue/red/yellow colour scheme but sure it will grow on me. Keep up the good work James. :D

Alienfish360 said:
PNG is bad to use in ANY web application. IE does not render PNG colours well at all. It just can't do it.

IE only screws up rendering PNGs when they have transparency (which is fixed in IE7), seeing as the banner doesn't have any transparency, PNG is probably a good format, as JPEG isn't very nice with vector style images.

Back