Mad Maru's Micra 1.3i GX

Well as some of you are now probably aware I picked up another motor to take the load while the N16 is off the road getting some bits sorted. The car was bought as an ideal little runner and a perfect motor to get the missus learning to drive. Thanks to Ed for helping me get over his way to collect it.

The price was cheap enough and it came with plenty of tax and ticket it was in urgent need of a full service and I carried this out last weekend. The oil was black and like treacle so I changed the oil & filter and plan to do so again this week now the fresh oil has had a change to flush out all the crappy old remants of the previous oil.

So here are a few pics from the for sale listing and a few parts I found to replace and clean up the car ready for when the missus will pass her test.

bee3b692.jpg

595f7d29.jpg

bbca4180.jpg

8fb463ea.jpg

45cd8e2e.jpg

402422a8.jpg

8e33ac11.jpg

After running out of fuel this morning as the gauge was still showing a quarter of a tank left and running down a dual carridgeway with the car under one arm, the car is currently getting driverside CV boot replaced, passenger side gearbox seal replaced as it's leaking oil, another oil change and genuine nissan filter fitted.

Leaving me to weld a new exhaust hanger as the centre section is hanging loose and replace the backbox as current one is blowing.

All in all not a bad motor and very nippy for what it is now to find a solution to the fuel gauge issue and all will be well.

Replacement backbox and ghetto exhaust hanger (welded threaded bar) were fitted last weekend with all the great weather, so no more sporty burbling but the car picks up so much better and I'm looking forward to seeing the MPG increase accordingly.

Next up will be to find out what the high pitched squeeling from the car after any continuous period of driving or after speed bumps. Am hoping it's not wheel bearings or CV joints in need of replacing, didn't take any pictures of this routine maintenance.

Didn't get much time to sort the wings today but my new head unit arrived today and plumbed it in and all I can say is for some reason Kenwood h/u and me just seem to fit and this one is no different. An excellent bit of kit and well worth the investment as the old Pioneer found itself a buyer.

No images as left camera at home and iPad camera has no flash so didn't bother taking any images will grab a couple tomorrow.

If anyone is after a decent h/u then take a look at the Kenwood KDC-BT50U so far I cannot fault it and I can now stream music via bluetooth also...

Managed to carry out a few needed jobs this weekend and grabbed a few pics along the way. Well after fitting the front speakers from my sport + I decided to grab another set of Lanzar 200w tweeters and plumb them in where the OEM tweeters once were. Then after a few setting tweaks the audio really was amazing for what was outlayed on parts.

3984db43.jpg

Now the car had a quite annoying rattle upon start up & during use, we narrowed it down to being caused by the heat shield on the CAT. So off it came as rust had taken its toll instant improvement & only one bolt managed to sheer upon removal.
f549dcb9.jpg

Next up was changing the fuel filter as I'd not done so when the car was serviced recently, old filter was in a grubby state & in need of changing and after a bit of persuasion the pipes came off

Before
11860a4a.jpg

New filter
8fb9c3b2.jpg

Old filter
9d35136f.jpg

After
57cbb341.jpg

Also decided it was time to clean up the interior plastics & cleaned them all down using 1001 multi-purpose cleaning solution.
3c988a3a.jpg

Next job on the cards is to treat the front crossmember as tin rot has been taking its toll.

0a5773be.jpg

Car is running so well since the filter change it's a pleasure to pootle around in.

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk

Back