MA12S: Stalling on approach to junctions?

Hi,

So-here's the weird thing with my K10 1.2.

It stalls on approach to junctions when I put the clutch down, other owners have told me similar things. Does anyone have a fix for that?

Doubt it...pulls reliably, no real lumpiness except bottom end occasionally...but that may just be me having sh*t clutch control.

its common to get a missfire at idle but run ok when driving on a carb engine (hence the idle mixture screw) is yours eccs ?

My 1989 MA12 does the exact same thing.. mine car starts fine but stalls if i don't hold the gas for a minute its worse at cold weathers does your micra do the same? Also the symptoms stop after the motor gets warm i just use the handbrake at lights so i can step on the gas ;)I tried to change all vacum lines, fuel filter, new sparkplugs and sparkplug leads, new ingintion coil, new distributor cap and rotor also used some carb cleaner that i added whit the fuel still dosen't help im really out of ideas here.. Anyone here knows how to check if the choke is working properly?

Last edited:
Exactly the same issue...

What condition are your valves stems in? The limited revs may be due to excess oil getting into the exhaust valve area and restricting the flow of exhaust gas.

Is it the case that if you put your foot hard down post startup to try and keep it running it will still stall? Mine does this on colder mornings.

i dont't know about valves condition
I quess that if oil would be messing around whit the exhaust it should also affect on how the car runs after reaching normal temperature and i dont have any lack off power :eek: btw is your fuel consumption normal?

I can't honestly say I've been paying attention to my fuel consumption.

However, on startup mine splutters oil which sometimes seem to restrict exhaust gases and thus hinder combustion.

just a stab in the dark here it could be your manifold to down pipe gasket leaking i had this on an old fiesta
stalling when i stopped or a pin hole in down pipe i got a 1990 gs micra at the moment not that impressed with it and my last two micras were good

Back