ma12ert rebuild

had a few quiet days in the bodyshop so got busy at this, got the pistons all de-carboned today and crank professionally polished since the pic,,
DSC01039.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

its an ma12 block with bits welded on to hold the s/c, kind of an experiment but as most of the ma bits are compatible its worth a try, im going against every thing i believe in for more power, as the yanks say theres no substitute for cubic inches (mm and cm in this case:laugh::laugh:)

absolutely agree.....and I love how you think :D do you have a detailed thread somewhere, I was seriously considering the same with a ma10 block but good, forged bottom ends are just too hard to get in Oz (no ma anythings were sold here).

For racing use I need to keep capacity under 2.0l, and there is a 1.7 multiper for turbo or supercharged....which means up to 1.17l would be fine for me.

In the end I decided to stick with "original" because race is not it's only use.

oh man I am so sad that I don't have any knowledge about superchargers... I only have some knowledge about turbos. I would like to build an maxxert, but I think I just stay with mine. Probably next year with turbo.

That thing is going to be torquey as ####!!! You should have around 125bhp with that, i think the ma09 is 110 so you're 15 up, but the foot-pounds will be a fair way up from that. Best weld some castors onto the floor pan for when it rips your ####ing front end off lol
(Y)

125hp is not to much for the chassis. I drove a Micra with 120 hp and it was nice to handle. Ok it had a rollcage and was lowered 35mm.

That thing is going to be torquey as ####!!! You should have around 125bhp with that, i think the ma09 is 110 so you're 15 up, but the foot-pounds will be a fair way up from that. Best weld some castors onto the floor pan for when it rips your ####ing front end off lol
(Y)

Sure there nearly 150 in my st fwn with no problems to the chassis

A 1.2 sould get more power than 125hp I reckon

well for running it in ill be using ma09 injectors so not really sure what kinda power figure il be making, an the cylinder walls are a bit thinner than ma09 i wont be running any mad boost,, even with the metal headgasket, 1.0---1.2 bar with the right fueling should be plenty,
putting it all together today!!!:laugh:

It works fine. I know people who have done this before. You just cannot push the MA12 pistons too hard.

It shouldn't need too much boost i don't think, just being a longer stroke engine will give plenty of natural grunt. Even on stock st setup it should be at least equal, the mixture will probably be the most fiddly bit, but then it's all electronic so ...

are u offering?? ha ha, ill need it alright. am i going to need a piggyback( e-manage or something) or can you do some trickerry with the stock ecu?

Back