MA10 Head Gaskets

Are there any differences in head gaskets for different years of MA10 engine? Looking on the bay some are listed as 83-89, 82-91 or 86-92 plus loads more different permutations. Head gasket was replaced about 12 months ago and is going again :( so was wondering if possibly wrong gasket was fitted. Alternatively would anybody know if there is a better quality or even uprated head gasket? Thanks peeps, Ade :( Sad K10 owner

i think its only the belt teeth that changed ade, and try torquing them down and leave overnight, then back each bolt off 1 full turn and retorque (i always get another 1/8th turn doing that :))

If this tip doesn't work Frank and I do have to renew the head gasket again would you recommend the above procedure for tightening the head bolts as a matter of course, before starting engine? Cheers, Ade

If this tip doesn't work Frank and I do have to renew the head gasket again would you recommend the above procedure for tightening the head bolts as a matter of course, before starting engine? Cheers, Ade
i always do it on mine ade, no torque wrench and no sequence (apart from basically starting from the middle, and working outwards)

Looks like I'm gonna be doing the head gasket..........again :(
Or maybe not. A combination of re-torquing head bolts and a liberal application of Kalimex K-Seal:eek: seem to have sorted my problem, or at least bought me some time:). I shall await the forthcoming condemnation for using an 'additive' instead of doing the job 'right'! lol ;)

I have been told to tighten the bolts first to 50nm then after 10 mins to 65nm by Dave Walker. As for sequence just start in the middle and spiral to the out side. Good luck :p

Back