Lurching Micra

Hi All'

New here and new to Micra's. My Micra 'lurches' when cold but seems to get over it when it has warmed up. It is showing a fault that came out as the oxygen sensor, I have changed this but the fault is still there. The car is an 06 plate 1.2 petrol auto with only 17.000 on the clock.

the ecu does,nt really use the lambda inputs from cold (they take a couple of minutes to actually generate any voltage) what was the faultcode ?

When i had a fault with my sensor,it was the post cat one,once i changed it the engine light stayed on as the fault wasnt self deleting,it cleared when i changed the time on the clock below the spedo,Rev counter ect. Disbthe mechanic clear the code after changing the sensor? I believe sometimes the same fault shows for the lambda and maf sensors,also worth lookin into. Hope this is of help.

Ask the mechanic to recheck using live data from ecu, the front sensor can appear to stick at around 0.3v which is evidence of a bad sensor but lean over the motor and unplug the rear one. If the front voltage jumps up it will be a fault with the rear holding the front low.

Mine had split in half,the sensor separated from the housing where it bolt to the downpipe. Tried sticking back together but didnt mend it lol

Back