Micra 1.2 SE - No spark

Hi guys...new member here with a problem on my little Micra.

My 53 plate 1.2 SE suffered from a stretched timing chain and presumably ended up clonking the valves on Number 2 cylinder as it had no compression on that cylinder . I decided to purchase a good used engine to have put in my car.

I bought a second hand engine which I heard running in the donor car and it was sweet as a nut . The engine was removed and stored in my garage for 2 weeks until last weekend when it came time to fit it into my car.
Everything was pretty much straight forward until it came time to get the car fired up .

The engine will spin over but it will not fire . I have checked and it doesn't seem to have a spark at the plugs .
Is there any reason why this would be ? I had a diagnostic reader on the car and its showing the P0340 fault code but I have replaced both crankshaft and camshaft sensors to no avail . The car still shows the same code and still no spark.

I know it sounds like a timing chain issue , but I cant understand why the replacement engine ran so sweetly in the donor car (a 54 plate 1.2 S) yet it refuses to fire in mine........after all its only been stood in my garage since it was removed / refitted .

Any ideas or helpwould be greatly appreciated

Gary

Yes , all the connections / plugs are in their correct places.

Strangely , I went back to the car the following day to see if I could see anything amiss on the car , and without doing anything else to the car , when I cranked it over , the car started up . I let it run for 5 mins and it was smooth and quiet , no rattles no smoke.....but whilst checking , I moved the cam sensor plug and it killed the engine and would not restart again . Same issues as before .
I also noticed whilst it was running that they light on the dash with the key on it was illuminated , so now Im thinking the car has either a wiring fault somewhere or the problem could be linked to the immobilizer system . ( It has that stupid ignition key and starter knob system )

Back