lowering springs

i'm thinking of lowering car 30mm and wondering if anyone else has done it and has it caused any problems? and which spring manufacturer to go with. thanks

whatever you do dont buy from potn.com, i ordered mine nearly a month ago, it said they would take 3-5 days to be delivered and theres still no sign of them!
i ordered 30mm's to so if they ever arrive i'l let you know :D

i know it'll b much better but i'll hv too many problems wiv speed bumps and my car goes so low anyway when it full of ppl so lowering it will just make is scrape the floor when i got it full of ppl

ive had a car full of people on my springs with 15" wheels on and it doesnt scrape speed bumps just the exhaust bangs a little lol

I have the Eibachs and like other peeps on here I have an annoying clunking from the front - wishbones, anti roll bar mounts? Car is back in the garage to be looked at this weekend. I bought mine through POTN and wouldn't touch them with a pooey stick - no communications, money taken from account at point of order not at point of dispatch as stated and I had to wait 1 month for the parts.

Slam

I got fed up of the clonking and got Nissan to look at it, they have just phoned me to say the sub-frame hadn't been torqued up enough. Fingers crossed....

Slam

I had 30mm Konis on the K12 I had (I'm back with K11 now). I had 17's though on it. See pic below. Never had any probs with them, thought it was great.

micraside.jpg

Nope, still there, Dodgammit!!!!!!! Argh, it is driving my crazy. It sounds like wishbones, yet there is no play in them............:blues:
Mind you, I got mid 80mpg on the motorway the other day - 50mph limit between j10 and J14 on the M1. (Y)

Slam

I fitted a set of BOGE lowering 30mm springs to my K12 and it has improved the handling no end. The problem I had was that the car is on 195/45X15 wheels/tyres and it often bottoms on speed bumps.:( I have since fitted 195/55x15 tyres which has helped a bit. The car is now much better on corners. :p A set of adjustable shocersk is next on the list. Let me know how you get on. Peter

POTN are a bunch a dicks. Some kid who worked there advertised some stuff on another forum I use and done me over for £20 the loser. They have the worst reputation as a company and clearly employ crooks :blues:

Back