fitting lowering springs

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
hi everyone hopefully will be fitting my lowering springs to the k12 tomorrow the backs i`m fine with the rears however the fronts i`m wondering if there`s a way of changing them without removing the whole strut from the car to save some time as i need to get all four done and the tracking set tomorrow ready for sat at santa pod :)
any help greatly appreciated i have a set of spring compressors before anyone asks :)

Jack up the front of the car,Remove the front wheels,Loosen the strut damper nut, Compress the front springs, remove the damper nut after chocking the hub you are removing the nut of so it will not fall to the ground and also rip your brake line off, install new spring and depending on the drop you may not have to use a compressor as you may get enough room to just jack up the hub, tighten the damper nut and repeat on the other side.

as for alignment, that is in the hands of the gods as changing the ride height will change you suspension geometry and you will more than likely need an alignment.

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
brilliant i`ll try and get this done later today then :) i was hoping to be able to use that method my only worry was will there be enough room to get the spring out and the new one in lol :) will post up a guide later if i get it done :)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Ace :). Might be doing mine soon as well. I'm doing discs and pads later so there'll be a page on micra12.com.

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
right a little update for you
note to self look at pictures more carefully before doing job saves looking halfway through lol
rears are done just add a rubber mallet to list of tools required :)
a few pics for you all time to do the fronts now :)

Attachments

• micra got low ) 001.JPG
    micra got low ) 001.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 344
  • micra got low ) 002.JPG
    micra got low ) 002.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 312
  • micra got low ) 003.JPG
    micra got low ) 003.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 351
OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
3 springs done darkness stops play :( had to completly remove shocks to change front springs tempted to have day off sick tomorrow to finish the job off

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
it`s so tempting but i have a set of paperwork that was ment to be in monday that i convieniently forgot tuesday so it will look a bit suspicious i`ll do my best to get up early to do it though :)

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
nope tried that first managed to get away without taking the topmount out but it would`ve bin easier to just take out the shock to do the job :)
prob worth the money to take it somewhere to get em fitted for the time it takes but i`ve enjoyed it still :)

Guy

Club Member
Finished yet Dragonmaster? Answer:

A) Yes - (Y) or

B) No - :suspect:

My new brakes saved my driving license this morning. Tell you about it tomorrow hopefully :).

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
been at work all day matey nightmare of a day i will be down tomorrow prob about 11 cuz not allowed to start till 8 in the morning i`m not going to do a guide as i don`t advise doing it yourself however will talk you through it tomorrow not gonna be racing as wanna be confident in the car first but there`s always next time ;)

Guy

Club Member
Of course you'll be dragging - it's only 400 yards in a straight linr. You don't need suspension for Santa Pod :laugh:. I've just cleaned my alloys in the dark with a torch in my mouth :wow:. Left the brakes to cool down and by the time I went back out, it was dark :blush:.