Lowering springs

george

Ex. Club Member
im looking into lowering my 1998 k11 twister does anyone know the best springs to use for everyday driving and how much is best to lower by? cheers

if you are looking for cheap and cheerfull then you can buy lowering springs from ebay for around 70-80 quid. depends how good you want handling to be really?

i want to make a reasonable job with the handling are the ebay kits no good rly just for looks? which springs are good for handling?

anyone got any links or know where i can get dampers and springs from?

i highly recommend matt humphries £300 kit which has springs and dampers and lowers the car 55mm..... awesome handling and dramatically changes how you can drive (safely) too.

uprated springs on there own make a massive diffrent, the standard shocks will be fine.

35mm is best to have. any lower and you will have to buy an adjustable panhard rod, as lowering over 35mm chucks the rear axle out of line. as for stiffness all the lowering springs are about the same. it doesnt matter what make you buy, they all do the same job. i paid for a secondhand set of 35mm springs £30... just be carefull not to get ripped off.

george where abouts are you from anyway, you around my way?

I;m not recommending those matt humphries springs cause i want a set soon, but cant afford them yet and dont want him to run out :p

35mm is best to have. any lower and you will have to buy an adjustable panhard rod, as lowering over 35mm chucks the rear axle out of line.

I never ever had problems with my 55mm springs + dampers (bilstein) set-up from matt, it feels very smooth and secure, in fact much better than the standards ...i have shocks and dampers. i don't believe 35mm could be anywhere near as much fun as a 55mm

i think i will have problems with the wheels rubbing if i lower by 55 becaurse they rub now on full lock not lowered at all. im from matlock green...

i think i will have problems with the wheels rubbing if i lower by 55 becaurse they rub now on full lock not lowered at all. im from matlock green...

hmm strange.

well i have a 2002 facelift k11 and i'm using 195-45-15s and i don't get any rubbing...

full lock? haha, i like it... where are you doing those moves?

I still have a few sets of springs left if you are interested. Just give me a ring on 01865 748000 anytime and ask for Matt.

These are springs we have had made to match the Eibach rear springs. They drop the car by about 50mm and they fit standard dampers without any problems, i.e. they are a good fit on full drop.

£114.00 delivered

Ring me in interested 01865 748000

Next day delivery if you ring before noon.

give him a ring, he will have pretty much any springs you want!

haha lol, got in there before me! I will ring you soon to talk about alloys and suspension matt.

i dont know weather 50mm is abit to much would it look to low? also would i have to change the pan hard rod with those springs?

yes panhard rod would need replacing...50mm would look quite low...but tbh 35mm you can tell is lowered, but its not that noticeable over standard imo.

depends what your going for, looks or performance... you ither spend £100 to make it look better and stiffer... or £35 making it handle better.

imo 35mm on standard shocks doesnt make that much difference, I've got it and its not good enough for me which is why i'm getting the blistien street kit next month

Back