lowering springs over -35mm? or do coilover springs fit?

have been searching for ages now, im sure i saw a post on here a while back about -80mm springs? got an mot coming up so want to stay low but not with my choppies! so does anyone know of a spring lower than -40mm?

or on a slightly different tangent, when i had the springs off i noticed the internal diameter wasnt far off a lot of the coilover springs you can buy from rally design etc, anyone fitted these instead of oem springs yet?

you can fit polo 6n coilovers £160-£180 with a slight modification to the front strut mounting point on the hub (drilling a new hole) how did yours ride on chopped springs? how low did you get it?

you can fit polo 6n coilovers £160-£180 with a slight modification to the front strut mounting point on the hub (drilling a new hole) how did yours ride on chopped springs? how low did you get it?
im sure it takes a lot more than that. the top mount requires work, and the rears require both upper and lower mounts modding.

thanks for the link, cut down 2 coils all round, sits low, rides like a fat bird on a sea of jelly!

standard height
IMG00098-20100917-1759.jpg

chopped
IMG00109-20101002-1443.jpg

100_2252.jpg

am going to get a spare spring, measure the internal diameter and if its 2.25 to 2.5 inch-ish am gonna just try a coilover spring slid onto the strut, it cant fall off once its on there, just depends how it seats really...

maybe the corsa b ones are an option ?
gotta be better than the suspect polo mod fwn

Attachments

• co.jpg
    co.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 858
yeah ta boyracer may just go for -35's for ease of getting them! corsa b's may work on the front but corsa rears run just a shock with the spring seperate rather than a strut, so not that handy!!!

corsa rears run just a shock with the spring seperate rather than a strut, so not that handy!!!

ahh, good point micrat, they are "coil aside" with a ball shaped spring not coilover eh (like k11)
but some k11 kits are true c/o front and rear tho eh

Sorry to bring up an old thread but what did you go for in the end? I'm about to go low and would like to be around 60/40mm. I'm considering getting the whole KYB shocks and spring thing and cutting a coil off? I don't get why there are only 35mm springs available.

Back