lower adjustable trailing arm?????

CMF_antish_r

» CMF Member
What do they do?

The Mantis Trailing arms replace the existing lower trailing arms to allow for even more travel from the back end. They are also made from solid steel and will take a beating from rocks and other objects that would normally bend the original trailing arms.

Plus, Mantis trailing arms come with greasable MOGS joints which allows both ends of the arm to twist and allow the rear end of the vehicle to travel even further

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
TBH I don't know what they do..

I haven't seen/felt any noticble difference with them on..I also couldnt imagine the original ones being banged up in anyway..Mine originals were in perfect condition.

Im sure I couldve put the 260 bucks to better use elsewhere on the car..

cisco

» CMF Member
They are used to rotate the overall toe of the rear axle. Because its a solid axle, you can't adjust each wheel's toe individually, but playing with the length of each adjustable trailing arm lets you rotate the axle's toe, so ideally you want the axle centered with equal toe to each wheel. I know when Whiteline used White Knight as the test project car, it originally had pretty uneven toe to each rear wheel. So they developed this to even it up.

I totally agree, you can't really notice it in real life and its mostly an ideal theoretical thing to correct. But it can improve tyre wear a bit if say one wheel is dragging a lot more due to uneven toe than the other wheel etc.

I wouldn't go out and buy another set if I had to start from scratch again.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Whiteline say (correctly) that all Micras have toe-in isues which the adjustable trailing arms will sort out. Of course you need an allignment after fitting to get the benefit. I don't notice the difference in every day driving but it would make a subtle difference especially turning in one direction. Due to the solid rear axle there will tend to be excess toe-in one side and too little the other - meaning it will turn better one way than the other! And as mentioned tyre wear will be reduced. They also come with nolothane bushes which will remove another bit of play in the suspension.

Back