Love the changed look of the site!!

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
whos in charge now?? still cisco?

a regular update of the home page would be awesome!! also maybe some new vids in the multimedia section.

good look though thanks!!

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks dudes. It's in progress right now, so you will see ugly things as I'm working live. But just a few long overdue tidy ups :)

It's been years since I touched this site, the code is so damn outta date now! :p

First goal is to just get the home page looking half presentable.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
A vast improvement :) Nicely done, Cisco.

I'm seconding Tris' suggestion though - someone regular who could be good at writing up articles would definitely help keep people interested - for the regulars and for first-timers.

---dens

cisco

» CMF Member
ok thx for the nice feedback. More to be done.

Somehow I just got motivated to touch this site after a long time (years) of not even looking at it. Glad you guys are still finding it useful.

So I'm keen to do a bit more, mostly to do with sprucing up the sub pages, search form, login/register forms, article pages etc. A lot of the layout is very dated and looks quite clumsy and broken. So I'll aim to get to that in the coming weeks when I get some spare time slots. I'm determined to do it, I want the site looking nicely and finished so it at least looks presentable. I might tidy up the forum/message pages a little too, also think they look very cluttered and bad/old css.

Of course if there is someone who is ultra dedicated and also knows a little web development, then I'm always open to applications/offers from someone who can be the modern day admin for the site. I'd like to see the site always remain as active as possible and useful to you guys.

I might even spruce it up a little with some jquery over the coming weeks just to make the common functions nicer to use etc.

CMF_4DRFRK

» CMF Member
Looks good but how about a view new posts button (like all posts made since your previous visit), or is there one and I'm just lost

Its still a fairly hard forum to navigate in comparison with phpBB style forums which are much more user friendly but yeah a step in the right direction from the first time i looked at the site

Daniel

Back