project 'do you love me'

Hi guys
Im a new member here looks like a top class site!! As the name probably gives away im not a micra owner!! I have a bright blue toyota starlet which is off the road undergoing a full restore.
Im not here though to chat about that as i am a uk starlet club member for that!!!
Im here to get some advice for my girlfriends car.
She has a bright blue 99 (v) micra inspiration
It seems to be a great car, pulls well with a moderate quality gear change and no visible rust. There was one patch that needed welding and it got done!!!
Its had 2 new suspensiin arms at the front with all the bushes cv boots and joints replaced too.

But shes just not happy with it despite calling it max and saying hes like a gay best friend with the pink steering wheel cover!!!

Shes always got this mentality that its old and will breakdown! So is there anything to watch out for on these particular models that i could nip in the bud for her??

And are there any simple little mods that i could add or decorative features you would suggest to make a totally uninterssted driver have a little more love for the little guy???

I totally understand the micra charm as its typical of jap hatchbacks!! And i feel it deserves respect lol!!

I can get any pics of it for you all to see!!!

Thanks
James!

Nip the reliability in the bud,,,hmmm

Take her cross country rallying and redline in every gear, that always cleared up any doubts i had o_O

These micras and starlets are very very close friends in the modded world, so well built!

OP
OP
toyotaguy
Rims it is then!!! And some drop when it can be afforded. Im planning new rims for the starlet soon so tge micra can have my old ones!!
And seems like they are solid machines then!!! I knew they are good but its always good to ask if there is anything to watch out for!!!
How much for lowering springs all round guys? And should i go 30 or 40mm over 15s

OP
OP
toyotaguy
Managed to get a thrash in the micra yesterday!! Defo needs a service it has no power mid range really drops off and picks up again towards redline!!! Will definatly drop on my spare mushroom filter while im at it!!!
Is it me or does the 1.0 engine have a really deep basstone to it?

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Managed to get a thrash in the micra yesterday!! Defo needs a service it has no power mid range really drops off and picks up again towards redline!!! Will definatly drop on my spare mushroom filter while im at it!!!
Is it me or does the 1.0 engine have a really deep basstone to it?

I've owned a 1.0L and a 1.3L and they definitely make a good sound. Really throaty, almost like they want you to thrash them a little harder!

The 1.0 are good engines, a bit gutless low down but midrange starts picking up then the redline is really something (For a 1.0 anyway!)

I'm running mine stripped atm and its rapid as heck!!

If you wana hear how throaty the micra engine really is, remove your airbox to hear the induction roar (you will get an idea of the unfiltered sound And it makes peoples faces drop with their expensive cones :p)

OP
OP
toyotaguy
Yeah just Bout to hit redline you know you ahould change but really dont want to!! And the mushroom fikter will be great tgen by the sounds of it!! Cause i bet its never had a new filter in its life!!!
Will be giving it a proper clean for the gf next week im gonna wash evertwhere to immense detail and then polish!!!will clean out the plugs and dizzy cap etc and drop on the filter without her knowing!! Lol!!!