Loud when moving, quiet when reving... :S

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
Im confused, all my friends cars sound really nice when they rev up, and continue when moving, but mine onle sounds louder when i am moving, is there anything to be done that makes the car sound a bit more beefy when still?

Thanks.

rlees85 said:
exhaust i think!

Well i have a Peco B1 exhaust which afer a while starts to get louder, but all it does is gurgle... maybe i'll just have to leave it how it is?

Or De-Cat?

I have a straight through De-cat and induction kit and get nice little pops at very low rev's, and steady deep tone upto 4000rpm then nicer above. At full throttle the car just roars like a beast, heads turning and all that.

solarice said:
agreed...will try and get a recording of my bros if you like.

Yeah, that'll be cool...

How much extra BHP would I get from a new manifold? How much are they fitted?

have you just got a backbox or a whole exhaust system with a peco. ?

cos freeing up the rest of system will help alot aswell, if you havent already.

solarice said:
have you just got a backbox or a whole exhaust system with a peco. ?

cos freeing up the rest of system will help alot aswell, if you havent already.

All i have is the backbox

youd need to widen your system really before you fitted a manifold, to get the full benefit. Though youd probably still notice the difference.

lol, well if you figure youd be getting a manifold and a decat then that'll fix the restriction at the front of the system. So youd only need the exhaust pipe from the secondary cat (under the car) to your backbox replacing.

2" diam pipe is what most people seem to get.

you might either be able to get it via janspeed (not sure if they sell that seperate) others may know more.

Edit : mentioned the above as janspeed site seems to mention a backbox with it, or at least thats the impression i got from it.

or book it into a performance exhaust shop...best to search around your location for either powerflow or similar i suppose.

well if its custom is varies really. You would have to get a quote.

although i must add this. Does your backbox have a larger bore to the mid pipe flange? If ti doesnt, this will also need replaced, would be cheaper to buy the janspeed as its only around £200 including the backbox.

hmm, well my exhaust does stick out a long way, have any pictures i could see with prices or anything, really apreciate your help btw.

with a manifold and a decat, no

Manifold only, i highly doubt it on a 1.0l without some sort of fuel regulator.

Decat only, i havent a clue, but i wouldnt expect so.

Or you could just make it yourself with 2" exhaust pipe that you can buy from demon tweeks, then get the flanges welded on when you have it into shape. Much cheaper

ive got a very big baffel on it lol didnt want it to loud, the guy got it spot on :D

yeah, you dont want police attention. Only reason chie's was so loud cos of the home made de-cat that i think goldstar now owns.

lol fingers crossed my should still pass its MOT with the hi flow cat i have on it. :) we will c lol

solarice said:
ok well got the clip of my bros exhaust. You can kinda hear it bloody wind.

2" custom exhaust system with 4" slash backbox, sports cat, silenced, janspeed manifold.

<< Click Me or Right Click Save As >>

Also it looks a little wierd from the angle taken...but you get the idea.

His is 1.3 engine btw.

lol for daren since i filled up ur thread :D

Back