loss of power

CMF_dodge

» CMF Member
hi i just bought a 1997 micra for my missus i drove home and was fine she then took it out to get fuel cos was practically empty anyway she filled up at tesco.the problem is it randomly looses power and starts chugging which is dangerous its undrivable when this happens. once left for a while its fine again but dont know when the problem will start again any help please.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dodge

yeh, the silencing material, it was blocking the exhaust at times
i think any fuel starvation would happen at full throttle conditions, is that when yours chuggs ?
i would shove a stick with a screw in, up the tailpipe , and see if it snags anything

frank

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
dodge

does it run on 3 or 2 cylinders sometimes ?, my misses 1.0 went thro a phase a couple of years ago, where it would,nt pull your 4skin back sometimes (ran on 4, just gutless), but it cleared itself ??

frank

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
it could be **** fuel but check your plugs, leads, afm, throttle body, and fuel filter and it none of this sorts it out get a consult cable. It wont be the exhaust

CMF_maat

» CMF Member
sportsclassic WROTE:

"maat WROTE:

"it could be **** fuel but check your plugs, leads, afm, throttle body, and fuel filter and it none of this sorts it out get a consult cable. It wont be the exhaust"</div>

if it was **** fuel it would do it all the time.

not necessarily, in some cases the car still idles ok but when you crank open the throttle it can struggle

Back