Loss in power when using battery for short period of time

I was working on my car yesterday and used my interior light for about 5-10 minutes and when I started my car it struggled to start. This has happened quite a few times now and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and overcame it. I was thinking maybe I need a new battery, but I have a car amp so would getting a power cap be better as well?

Power caps are a waste of time. They're not batteries, once they're spent up you're still just running off the alternator/battery. I agree with Karl, sounds like you're battery's toast.

Yep, old battery its RC (Reserve Capacity) starts to reduce, then leaving lights on for even a short amount of time can causes issues.

James Channell said:
Ok, so with the power that I'm running through the car (sat nav amp etc) can anyone recommend me a good battery?

If you want to get good one then you will need to get top of range batteries ( more price)

James Channell said:
How much did you pay for your halford one if you don't mind me asking?

It came with my car.. Previous owner told me that he put new battery before he sold to me. I didn't ask him about the price. I can get details of mine if you want to. Still I need to buy new battery soon so maybe I will get halfords

Just as an aside, if you're running an amp, don't run it with the engine off for long - just asking for trouble.

Back