Loose reflector inside headlight - easy fix?

Hi all, while driving my K11C during a downpour today, I was being flashed by oncoming cars. I've had a suspicion since removing the front of the car a few weeks ago that the beams were misaligned, so I went to the local garage to have them adjusted.

Turns out, when I was refitting the offside headlight, when pushing the plugs back in, I had pushed out the reflector from inside the headlight, and it is now waving up and down when going over bumps and manhole covers, blinding other drivers!

Has this happened to anyone before? Also, how easy will it be to clip back in place, seeing that the headlight appears to be a sealed unit?

Thanks in advance!

Hi all, while driving my K11C during a downpour today, I was being flashed by oncoming cars. I've had a suspicion since removing the front of the car a few weeks ago that the beams were misaligned, so I went to the local garage to have them adjusted.

Turns out, when I was refitting the offside headlight, when pushing the plugs back in, I had pushed out the reflector from inside the headlight, and it is now waving up and down when going over bumps and manhole covers, blinding other drivers!

Has this happened to anyone before? Also, how easy will it be to clip back in place, seeing that the headlight appears to be a sealed unit?

Thanks in advance!

this what mine was doing thought it was busted. but you can adjust it so it doesnt move by twisting little threads.

Don't worry, I managed to get the reflector back in place yesterday using a combination of a long screwdriver and various swear words!

Didn't have to bake the headlight in the oven like I feared, to get the glass face off..

Its because it has sprung out of the adjuster.
Headlamps have 2 adjusters, a side to side one and an up and down one. Your reflector has popped out of one of those.
They are there so you can adjust your headlamp aim (Part of the MOT). If you leave it as it is or tighten one of the adjuster screws up to clamp it your headlamp adjustment will be out.
This can cause your car to fail an MOT, annoy other road users and reduce your nightvision!

The easiest way to fix it is to remove the headlamp bulb, put your finger in the bulb hole and pop the reflector back in place.

Back