Looks like I have been ripped off on eBay...

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Have bought something, the buyer hasn't sent me it yet and they are no longer registered, looks like they have scarpered with my dough, I paid through paypal so should get protection? WTF can I do about this?
Ta Craig :(

not good at all:( did it cost a lot?
this happened to me with a pair of trainers, best bet is contacting ebay and paypal... paypal should be quite helpful and will be able to do something about it

£20, but at this time of the year that is like my weekly budget, so not a happy bunny, have reported it so will see what happens...

hmm, this is what annoys me about ebay, when u hear storys like this..

i suppose all you can do is what danni said, just contact ebay and paypal..

yeah get intouch with pay pal and they'll sort it.

this happened to me and pay pal refunded me fully

:)

Attachments

• kitty.jpg
    kitty.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 159
i know it probably is the case that u been done but in some cases it might be a genuine coincidence. e.g. i bought something a while back (think it was some side skirts) n a day later the ebay member was no longer registered so i was like hmmm, i let it go a couple of days and contacted him n he replied sayiong he was sending them soon n lo n behold they turned up a few days later so it might be of value to wait a few days then complain

i left it for a few days aswell mate. but nothing so complained.

worth a try emailing him. i tried that but got no response. ben could be right here genuine coincidence an all

:)

Attachments

• coolrunnings2.gif
    coolrunnings2.gif
    90.6 KB · Views: 153
Paypal are pretty good at this - they try contacting the seller for 10 working days, and if they don't respond, they refund you. It's sometimes better, and more fun, to track down the seller using e-mail/phone etc. and turn up on their door though.

Thats a bummer mate. ebay's usually good, however i've had three bad transactions in the past week... Shirts which are described as excellent condition turn up with rips and snags etc. I emailed the guy and he's gone 'abroard' for two weeks grrr. Someone didnt pay for my head unit im selling on there so had to relist that, and im really fed up of people that dont leave feedback!

Anyway, i was reading that if an item cost £16. ebay take £15 for processing etc so you end up with £1, and the maximum claim was around £250-£300. Im not sure if this was related to missing goods or damaged goods though

I'm still waiting on my £70 1.3L engine.....they sent it out via TNT then it got sent back as it was apparently 'leaking'. I've heard naff all since, they dont answer emails and are useless on the phone.

Paid by credit card so will go through my c/c company I reckon :(

Retepetsir said:
I'm still waiting on my £70 1.3L engine.....they sent it out via TNT then it got sent back as it was apparently 'leaking'. I've heard naff all since, they dont answer emails and are useless on the phone.

Paid by credit card so will go through my c/c company I reckon :(
Was that from the £30 ones? Cos mine was fine, although mike did collect them in person.

Retepetsir said:
Yes it was one of them - but I was getting it delivered.

I'm not happy!

At least they tried to send you the goods tho mate. I'd have been even more pissed off if they hadnt even sent the leaky one in the first place.

Mike's having trouble too, he's waiting on an exhaust but they are messing him about.

I dont have time to sort it atm tho. Grrr

Apparantly the Irish guy that works there "swears like a trooper" - mike's own words! :laugh:

Sorry to hear you're still having bother :|

Eek! No longer registered?! :| Get hold of mike, i'm sure he has the number of them

Retepetsir said:
S**T

The Ebayer is no longer registered on Ebay....

Thats a bummer mate, but at least you paid by CC so you're still covered.

Just looking at some of the guys feedback...

(-)Arrived broken, cassette jammed in, no code, parts missing,no email reply u try
(-)Electric Pajero Mirrors normally fold in. Beware - these don't.
(-)DONT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO THESE CROOKS THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF - NO CODE? FAULTY!!!
:down:

happened to me with a ipod

contacted all the people who bidded on. left feedback etc .... thankfully i wasnt alone and the lady also affected was in england ..

he was a chinnese guy, who was just useless ... said his pc was broke so wasnt responding to emails ... and then we could refund it or still get it ...then he couldnt get a 40photo ipod so had to upgrade to 60gig. the kind lady then got my ipod asap (whilst getting her 400pounds back) and she sent it, paid the differnce and i dealt directly too her with a few quid on top for the favour

took a few weeks and some very very very fustrating phone calls ...the w****r couldnt even speak english

i woulda been f**ked cause i sent a cheque

paypal claim for 20quid ... wat would you get back ?
not all of it i wouldnt imagine

Retepetsir said:
I know :(

So how do I go about getting my money back from my CC company then? I'm with Egg.....
Give em a call on 08451 233233 or send them a secure message via your online account would be my suggestion

I rung Mike yesterday, he's going to see if he can collect it.

Problem is, the engine was £30 and I paid £70 which was to get it delivered!

I might just go with a reclaim from Egg, less hassle in the end.

i doubt you can reclaim on your credit card, and to be frank, i dount your engine will be in a good state when it arrives after going through a courier service. It will have been rough handled, been sat anyway round, droped quite a bit i'd have thought.

Yes you could reclaim on credit card however paypal seriously hate this and they will most probably close the account.

Ed

Back